Prince William Sound Day 3 ~ Port Audrey

 While Sean and I were researching this trip, the Port Audrey Cannery was really high on our list of things to do.

Finding information about the Cannery has proven to be difficult though.

What I know is that the Cannery was established sometime around WWI.

There are still ruins available to see and it amazes me to think about the history that is contained there.

I wish I could find more to read about.


After getting Ulu anchored (you can see her in the background), we took the dingy over to Port Audrey.






I wish I knew what some of this stuff was!




The bricks in front of this hunk of stuff had writing on it. I took a closer picture of that later on.





What's left of the dock?







There were these fantastic bear trails through the moss covered woods. 


Which led to this beautiful capture!


Some of the remnants have really been strewn about. Some of it looked like bear activity to me.




It was really hard to make sense of all that was back there.






I believe that says "COLUMBIA" and underneath AMP?



I could not make out the letters across the top of this brick.



Autumn found this piece.


I tried not to touch very many things. I wonder how long some of this stuff will last?


"E" for Emelia!
Next up: Mallard Bay!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snowzilla.

Playing with fire.

The man in the box.