What a busy day!

Autumn and I went grocery shopping this morning, then to Kohl's. I wanted to pick up something Christmasy for me to wear. After all that, lunch and nap time, Autumn and I went to the Arctic Oasis. We haven't visited there in almost two months.

Autumn Chic
Autumn getting her purse together so we can go.

I guess it was like riding a bicycle for Autumn.
Going up.
She went right up those stairs no problem.

Coming down
On her way down the slide, her hair was standing on end. It looked pretty comical. Not sure if you can see it in this photo or not.

After the Oasis, we came home, had dinner, got dressed and then headed to Anchorage Baptist Temple for the Christmas Pageant.

Getting ready for the christmas pagent
We stopped to take a quick photo of ourselves.

Once we arrived at the Church, I saw a sign for their Christmas lights, tune your radio to 99.9 FM. It was neat. Autumn was clapping and ohhing and ahhhhing.



We headed in and they had a Christmas Wonderland for the kids that included Mr/Mrs Claus, Rudolph, a moose, a couple of bears. Autumn would wave from a distance (as long as I was holding her). She was really afraid of them and at one point I could feel her little body shaking. I hope this is just a stage of life she is in and that she can recover from it quickly.

The Service was wonderful. Autumn LOVED it. She started screaming and clapping her hands and just making everyone around us smile. There were some sad parts (they sang this song "Yellow Ribbons Around the Tree" as a tribute to military families) and I'm not going to lie, the waterworks were pouring from me.

I've felt your absence so deeply in my heart and soul. Tonight only accentuated that. Normally, that is something we would have done together. During the service, one family was reunited and I couldn't even look. I had to close my eyes. It wasn't that I was not happy for that family, I was too sad for mine.

Anyway, this is the only photo I got of Autumn at the church before she realized that Rudolph, Frosty the Snowman and Santa were all out to get her.

no way
I love you.

Your Favorite Wife and Airman. xoxo

47 days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snowzilla.

Playing with fire.

The man in the box.