Savannah, with friends!

Sean was headed out to the field when my friend, Tracie, told me she had a buy one get one free night at a hotel anywhere we could find on hotels.com. After some thinking about it, we decided on Savannah.

We left Friday afternoon with Millie, Autumn and Forrest all piled in the backseat of Tracie's car. Tracie the driver, Cherish the navigator and we were off!

I wish I could tell you how long it took to get there (usually 4 hours), but I didn't pay one bit of attention to what time we arrived in Savannah.

Our first stop:

The Botanical Gardens.

I should tell you now that some of these pictures are mine and some of them are Tracie's. I will try to remember to credit!!

 photo 001_zps634c2570.jpg
Tracie's picture! I absolutely loved this one.

 photo 002_zps5835fd6f.jpg
It was good to get out and stretch our legs. The Savannah Botanical Garden's are free in case you think you want to go too.

 photo 003_zps970b1304.jpg
My sweet girl.

 photo 004_zpsce56faa8.jpg
Smelling the roses. They had all sorts of different roses out there, all with different scents.

 photo 005_zpsc4cf31be.jpg

 photo 006_zps26e53f62.jpg
Secrets among sisters. Is there anything sweeter?

 photo 007_zpscf4b2899.jpg
Smelling a tea rose.

 photo 008_zps20279c5f.jpg

 photo 009_zps821e891f.jpg

There is a nature trail in the gardens. Millie wanted to go and "splore" it. Tracie and Forrest had to make a run to the restroom, so we headed out on the trail.

 photo 010_zpsedaca739.jpg
The bearded lady.

 photo 011_zps708cedb1.jpg
The bearded mom.

 photo 012_zpsaf9b53ff.jpg
The bearded Roww.

 photo 013_zps59687007.jpg
Millie wasn't getting that moss any closer to her face!

We were enjoying our walk immensely. Millie was a good deal ahead of Autumn and I. I was taking in the sights....

 photo 014_zpsb0c0994d.jpg
Admiring how the sun was peeking through the leaves.

I overhear Autumn say, "Mom, there is something moving in the woods."

Cherish: Uhm, yeah! We are in the woods Autumn. Lots of things are moving.

Autumn: No, emergency!! Emergency!! There is a snake!!

Autumn ran like 12 miles away when I looked down and saw him.

 photo 015_zps1349b64b.jpg
He just moseyed on to the other side of the trail and acted like nothing was even going on.

I am still not sure what sort of snake that was, but I was frightened at the thought that Millie (who doesn't always see so very well) had probably stomped right on by it. I said a prayer of thanks that night as I drifted off to sleep that Millie was not bitten.

We decided we wanted to get out of the woods and get back towards the flowers.

 photo 016_zpsdf2ad3f0.jpg
My beautiful girl.

 photo 017_zpsb4cace69.jpg
Another Tracie photo. This one cracks me up because it is probably where I spend most of my time when I am taking pictures of the little people.

 photo 018_zps1b8a4fef.jpg
Tracie got this shot of Autumn with the setting sun shimmering through her blond hair.

 photo 019_zps92745738.jpg
Millie. Sweet, sweet Millie. One of my new favorite photos of Millie. Thank you Tracie!

 photo 020_zps5b3f6e43.jpg
Sun kissed.

 photo 021_zps9ff613c6.jpg

 photo 022_zpsa903930f.jpg
Experimenting with the sun.

We were starting to make our way back to the car when Millie and I discovered

 photo 023_zps3185bdd7.jpg
This garden spider! EEKKKKKK (Tracie's picture).

 photo 024_zps1297c470.jpg
The spider is really neat, but come on! That is a scary looking spider!!!

We were very near to the car when the rain started. We loaded up and made our way back to the hotel, but on the way we see a hooker. I could not tell you if this person was a man or a woman, but I was kind of surprised.

Our first day in Savannah and we see a snake, a huge gary bider and a hooker!!! Wow! What a trip!!

 photo DSC05869_zps717fc122.jpg

The Jordan's.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snowzilla.

Playing with fire.

With Crisis comes clarity.