Bears, bears, bears.

Day four- June 14th, 2011.

We are in Bell II and still recovering from what was the worst day of our trip. Roww was left behind in the Yukon and last night Autumn locked us out of our hotel room. This has got to be a better day right?

RIGHT!!!

We got on the road at 0750 am and within an hour, we come across....

Day Four
A dark spot in the road. OK, really, it was a black bear. Funny thing about this bear spotting is that we missed our turn. Had we turned when we were supposed to, we wouldn't have ever seen this guy.

45
Funny thing about bears, they like to use the roads too. You'll see evidence of bears all over the highways in Alaska and Canada.

I'm a black bear buddy
I turned around (we were going the wrong direction anyway) and got as close as I thought I could to this guy and was shooting pictures of him when I hear Autumn in the back seat say, "Come here buddy. I want to pet you." I look back at her and she is hanging out of her window. I had a heart attack!

I'm a mean brown bear
Then there was a brown bear.

48
Autumn said this guy looked like a grouch.

I'm a random picture
I thought this building looked neat.

Roads are for bears
So, on day four, we drove 466 miles (10 hours). We stopped in Prince George. We saw 1 black bear, 1 brown bear, 1 little black bear, another brown bear and then one other bear that we didn't get a good enough look at to tell what it was. A great day for bears, bears, bears.

The Jordan's.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snowzilla.

Playing with fire.

With Crisis comes clarity.