Operation Relocation.

I bet you have been wondering if I was ever going to update my blog! Well, here I am!

It has been such a saga moving from Alaska to Georgia. Maybe writing about it slowly will help me get through it. It is no small feat moving across the country with two little girls and three cats, but we did it and we survived to tell about it.

I'm going to blog about each day, rather than the trip as a whole.

Day One- June 11th, 2011.

Just to be sure you know this, Sean drove the Jeep with the three cats and a u-haul trailer behind him. I was in my Pontiac G6 with the girls. All the suitcases were in the trunk of my car and in my passenger seat was all the things I would need to hand the girls (Juice, water, benadryl, snacks, movies, benadryl, coloring books, crayons, benadryl, books, paper, camera, benadryl, etc.). There really wasn't an ounce of room in my car for anything else! Autumn mainly rode with me, but occasionally went in the Jeep. Sean and I had walkie talkie communication with one another. I set Autumn's DVD player on the console between the front two seats so that both girls could see the movies. Sean had some nifty gadget that played the DVD through my radio which meant I got to listen to Sponge Bob Square Pants until I wanted to chuck myself over any number of bridges! OK, so moving on!

We left Anchorage at 8 am. We stopped in Eagle River to fill up my car with gas. Emelia fell asleep almost immediately. I was worried when that happened because she doesn't normally nap so early in the morning. All I kept thinking every time I looked back there at her was that she wasn't going to sleep a wink at night if she spent the whole day sleeping in the car!

On to the pictures!

Day one

Autumn's view
Autumn took some pictures too!

05

Dirt Road
There were dirt roads.

Lots of construction
Construction. Lots of construction. Lots of just sitting there twiddling our thumbs waiting for a slow sign to get to the next stop, waiting for construction!

08
More dirt road....

There was also plenty to look at.

09

10

11

Photobucket
We made it to the welcome to Alaska sign. We decided to stop and take a few photos.

Autumn and Roww
Autumn and Roww.

Emelia
My silly Emelia.

The Jordan family leaves Ak
The Jordan's say goodbye to Alaska.

Yukon
Hello Yukon!

We ended up driving 425 miles this day. Emelia slept most of the day in the car. Autumn mainly spent the day looking for animals. What, pray tell, animals did we see this day? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!!!!!!!! GAH!

We stopped over in Beaver Creek at 8 pm Canadia time (so 11 hours). There was a lot of stopping in this short 425 mile day. It took a few times to get things adjusted right so that everyone was comfortable. The weather, wasn't bad. The high was in the 50's. Mostly sunny.

Our hotel was the Westmark Inn. We had dinner there, we all slept pretty good. I guess Emelia was just tired, because she slept all night. If I remember correctly, Sean got his own bed and the girls and I slept in the other.

That was then, how about some now!

While we were out and about today, I drove over a:

Bad location
Turtle (keep your pants on.... the turtle ducked!), thus began Operation Relocation for said turtle.

New location
Now the turtle lives down the road from Sean's mom and dad! We can check on that silly turtle anytime we'd like!

Stay tuned for more photos and find out if we ever saw any bears!!!!!!!

I feel like I just wrote a commercial for my blog!

The Jordan's.

Comments

Angie said…
Finalllllly :)

Popular posts from this blog

Snowzilla.

Playing with fire.

With Crisis comes clarity.