Providence Canyon, Yellow Jackets and Swearing.

What do these things have in common? ME! We went out to Providence Canyon over the weekend to do some sight seeing and I was stung by a yellow jacket. It hurt so bad, I accidentally said a swear. Anyway, I cried a little, but I survived! On to our day.

Providence Canyon is also known as the Little Grand Canyon. Now, as a person who has been to the actual Grand Canyon, this place doesn't really hold a candle to it, BUT!!! It was neat. You just wouldn't think there would be a place like this in Georgia, you know what I mean? Also, the weather was perfect. It was sunny and in the 60's. I feel like we can finally get out and start enjoying being in the south. I still sweat quite a bit, I was carrying Emelia who ain't heavy, she's my baby. I'm really coming around to this Georgia thing. I wish I could see some snow though.

Photobucket
We didn't have a map, or check in with a visitor center, but we did have water.

Photobucket
Our first view of the trail.

Photobucket
Spanish Moss. Haven't seen that in years.

Photobucket
I wasn't prepared for there to be water on the trail. I guess I should have been, because how are canyons made?

Photobucket
While at the park, we visited Canyons 1,2,3,6 and 7. I'm really more putting that out there for myself, so that when we go back, we can remember which canyons we went to!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Emelia wanted to walk, Autumn wanted to be carried.

Photobucket
She really loved splashing around in the water. I wish I would have brought her rain boots!

Photobucket
Autumn and Sean climbing the mountain.

Photobucket
Autumn figured it would be easier to slide down the mountain, until she realized she was getting dirty!

Photobucket
Daddy's girl.

Photobucket
Crazy hair.

Photobucket
Autumn Harvest the Fearless.

Photobucket
Clap.

Photobucket
Autumn climbing up the mountain all by herself.

Photobucket
Georgia clay is so shimmery.

Just outside the trail head is a nice little picnic/park area.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Going down together is so much fun!

Photobucket
I was shocked they both fit side by side.

Photobucket
Oh how they make me smile.

Sean had to get in on the fun.

Photobucket

Photobucket
The girls loved that too!

Photobucket
The view from down here in Georgia, not so bad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snowzilla.

Playing with fire.

The man in the box.