Can't we ever go anywhere normal??

Autumn's spring break was this week. We've been SUPER busy!!!!!!!!!!!

There was an incident during the trip though that I mush share.

I think most who really know my family know that

1. Sean and I love to discover new places, things, and food.

2. The path less traveled is always more exciting.

3. We love to eat at grocery stores.

While in Highlands, NC, we stopped into a "Market" to grab some food.

After walking all over the store (and discovering local honey, local pastries, all sorts of natural products) Autumn cries and declares there was nothing there she wanted to eat.

She looks up at me and says, "Mom! Why can't we ever go anywhere normal!!??"

I thought about it and then busted out laughing. Truth, Autumn, Truth!!

I never really thought about it I guess. It is just apart of the way we live.

So, let me show you what we did.

We left the house at like 8 am (I think!).

As we were driving away, I see a Trugreen truck and tell Sean that Trugreen was supposed to spray our yard, should we turn back and open the gate to the backyard for them?

He says, "I don't want to leave the gate open all week."

I agreed. We pressed on.

I had absolutely NO IDEA where on earth we were headed. Sean took care of the hotel, planned the route and what not.

I believe we drove for four hours when we came across this bridge. We were on NC 215.

I'm not really sure what caught our eye, but we all wanted to explore.



Underneath the bridge.


It was a neat little area.


Autumn and Millie were looking all around. Millie really loves spots like these to explore.


Autumn does too. She brought her lamb that my mom gave her when she was born.


Where's Autumn?


I guess everyone had enough of exploring this side of the bridge, so we went up, crossed the road and were checking out the other side of the bridge.

Sean tells Autumn he is going to bounce her to one rock and then immediately to another. It was too far of a distance for Autumn to jump on her own. He then tells her that he is going to be right behind her. I was standing back from them, but I thought to myself, what sort of magic is he about to pull off? The next thing I know, Sean is going down. The Titanic is about to sink. Oh my gosh. His leg is being bent at all sorts of crazy angles. Autumn is safe on the rock they were both supposed to land on. Why am I just standing here? Sean needs help. If his leg is broke, how are going to get him back to the car?

Sean gets himself out of the water and his holding his leg near his knee. Is it broken?

No, but it hurts. He sat there for a few minutes and then got up and Seaned along. He is so tough!!

Are you sure it is not broken?

It is fine.

WOW!! I just stood there and watched. I didn't help, I didn't say a word, I just stared.

I'm so mad at myself, I didn't even get a picture. OR a video. I had a camera in my hand.

Thank you for saving Autumn. I know I don't even need to say that, but still I appreciate what you did there.

By the by, I know you are not the Titanic!!


Hey, it is me!!!


I was really itching to get a family picture, but Millie was having none of it. Really, I blame this on Sean. She gets that from him.

Millie was mad because she felt like she should be able to do more on her own than what we were allowing.


Grouch girl!


Autumn did great! It looks like she is flying!!


Uh.... no children were harmed during this little adventure.

We got back in the car to finish our trek up the mountain. We made a turn onto the Blue Ridge Parkway only to discover the part of the parkway we had plan to drive on was completely closed to traffic. Sean and I were both stunned. We could see the sign for the destination, Devil's Courthouse.

Time to reformulate.

We had no choice but to get turned around. We knew this would add time to our day and to get back to our destination, but what could you do.

Once we got to where there was cell phone signal, I looked up Devil's Courthouse and apparently it was closed right after fall colors so that some repairs could be made to a bridge (maybe a tunnel) to that section of the road. I was so bummed!!!!!

We went on to Asheville and stopped in to one of our favorite stores.

REI.

We found a bike that we are going to get for Autumn.

It has rear wheel gears and hand brakes. I think it will be a great bike for her.

She has really outgrown her "big girl bike". She isn't quite ready for a ten speed though.

I'm pretty certain this will end up being a Christmas gift.


I believe this is a Pixie. Don't quote me. Sean is the expert in these matters.

We ordered food from PF Chang's and then guess what??

We went to a grocery store called Ingles (which is really nice!) and picked up dinner for the girls and a few snacks. We took all our food back to the hotel (same one we stayed at last time we were at Asheville).

We ate dinner and then finished off the evening in the pool.



Day one of spring break wasn't quite what we were expecting, but I would call it successful. Day 2 tomorrow!!!

The Jordan's.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snowzilla.

Playing with fire.

The man in the box.