Hot date at Eklutna Lakeside Trail April 28th.

The weather has been absolutely beautiful.

Although I woke up really tired, I knew I needed to get outside.

I told Sean I didn't want to go up (elevation), but I did want to walk.

We decided on Eklutna Lakeside Trail.

Although there was a small amount of mud, there was not much.

The lake is still mostly iced over.

We could see a few openings on the lake, but the ice was still very thick.

We walked about roughly 3.5 miles to public use cabin #1.

Once there, we sat on the "beach," had lunch and explored around.

It was a beautiful hike!




Trail head.


Why am I so drawn to these wood things?


I guess you can call this break up.


Exploring the beach.

Sean threw a rock onto the ice, thinking it was going to make some really cool noise, but it didn't.


Again, me and trees!


You can see there is just a small opening there.


Me.


The view from our lunch spot.


This would also be the view from the public use cabin.

I think it would be cool to try and stay there.


View looking another direction.


Apparently at the bottom of this stream, where it meets the lake is a good spot for fishing.


I was bent down taking pictures when Dingo walked up.

I thought I was going to get a picture of the dog walking the log.

Apparently Dingo is scared to death to walk across logs like this.

He just sprung up and completely jumped over the stream.

I just happened to snap this photo at exactly the right time!


Now, that's my hot lunch date!!! A spicy sandwich from Fred Meyer.


I lost a little bit of avocado trying to take this picture.



My real hot date! Gosh, Sean is looking really good, isn't he?!


One last look.


Ice on the logs in the stream.


Just another look at the icicles.


A chickadee. Good luck finding it!




Dingo thoroughly wore himself out!


This is a larch in the front yard.

It is a deciduous conifer.

The purple/pink "cones" are the female flowers.

The makes are sort of green.

I love the trees in our yard!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snowzilla.

Playing with fire.

With Crisis comes clarity.