It's a super big problem.

We recently discovered that Autumn can climb onto our kitchen counter. Today, I was upstairs sorting and folding laundry when I heard the clanking of a spoon. I smiled and thought, Autumn must be putting away my dishes (and at least they are clean). I made my way downstairs fully expecting to see Autumn in the dishwasher when I discover this:

Bad girl.
That is right. I grabbed my camera. I wanted proof of the badness. See that look on her face? That clanking spoon sound, that spoon on the counter near her foot. She is climbing up my bar stools to get on the counter. This morning I moved them away from the counter top so that I could vacuum and I thought, maybe that would deter her from getting up there. Well, the trouble with a smart baby is this:

Photobucket
She moved them. She even had placed them in such a way that if she pulled too hard on one, it would lean up against the other. Yesterday, Autumn tried to climb up one and the whole thing came crashing down on her. I thought, OK maybe she won't do that anymore. WRONG- she perfected it. Short of getting rid of the stools altogether, I'm not sure how to solve this problem. Yes, she got in her bumbo all by herself.

AM I REALLY HAVING THIS CONVERSATION WITH MYSELF. AUTUMN IS ONLY 18 MONTHS OLD AND I CANNOT OUT THINK HER. I'm going to have to come up with something. I will win.

On the counter
If you have a suggestion, I would love to hear it. Sean and I are going to be putting our knives in a cabinet with a lock, and we need to lock the medicine cabinet. Oh, Autumn, what are we to do with you?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snowzilla.

Playing with fire.

With Crisis comes clarity.