SEATTLE!! Day 6

Sean and I had decided a long way back that when we made our trek to Georgia, we wanted (take that back, HAD to) stop in Seattle. It is a place we are considering living when retirement rolls around and I hadn't ever been there.

Photobucket
Can you guess where we are?

Photobucket
How about another clue.

Photobucket
The Pacific Science Center. We had to make sure we got some science learning during our trip.

Photobucket
Sean being all manly.

Photobucket
Autumn learning about the brain.

Photobucket
Time for robots.

Photobucket
She did pretty good with that.

Photobucket
Please take note, Autumn is holding "Dino." Guess he took Roww's place for a bit.

Photobucket
What kid doesn't love to play in the water?

Photobucket
I am so grateful that Sean will touch just about anything!

Photobucket
Emelia's turn!

Photobucket
Mom, there is so much to do. Let me ponder about what is next....

Photobucket
We decided that next is the butterfly house. Most of you know that Emelia has quite a fear of plants, so when we walked in and she saw all the shrubbery, she did this:

Photobucket
I'm getting the fun out of here......

Photobucket
Seriously, she kept trying to escape. She wasn't digging on the house of horrible horticulture....

Photobucket
Sean on the other hand, was a total butterfly magnet. Look closely, that is a butterfly on his head!

Photobucket
Emelia started coming around once she noticed the butterflies.

Photobucket
Seriously, I think she was trying to kill them, or eat them.

Photobucket
I like this shot.

Photobucket
Emelia getting up close and personal with a butterfly.

Photobucket
After the science center, we headed down to Pike Place Market.

Photobucket
While I really appreciate the idea of Pike Place Market, it was SO crowded (with tourists I assume since they were wearing winter jackets when it is 65+ outside! Yes Seattle, we relate, tourists show up all the time in the middle of summer with winter jackets). I digress. We take a brisk walk through the market and realize it is just too crowded with the girls. We pick up some food and head out. We must have had some really good karma today because the spot we pick to stop has a bunch of homeless people. Bad news is, I didn't realize at first they were vagrants. Sean whispers to me that we need to leave and go somewhere else now. Once we get away, he tells me that one of the homeless people was shooting up drugs. RIGHT in front of us!!!

Photobucket
Anyway, we've had about enough of that! Sean and I decide it is time to do something really fun....

Photobucket
We head over to a little place called Chateau St Michelle. On the grounds of the winery, they have ducks.

Photobucket
Aggressive ducks.

Photobucket
Autumn doesn't seem to mind. She knows she is bigger than they are and her dad is right there.

Photobucket
That is more like it duck!

Photobucket
Looks all nice and innocent doesn't it, but that darn duck went after Emelia's fingers. Guess he or she thought there was food in her hand. I've never come so close to kicking a duck before!

I did a tour of the winery and learned some stuff and things about making wine and where it comes from. Sean and I tasted some of the wines, then we bought some.

Photobucket
I cannot explain it, but I really love this picture!

Photobucket
Autumn had a blast at the winery, which shocked me!

Photobucket
Can't you just tell she is up to NO good.

So we head back "home" to our hotel. We met with some company.

Photobucket
Autumn was the perfect hostess and offered Tiffany and her daughter Aubrey our goodies that we picked up from the Market.

Photobucket
Aubrey was all over some cupcakes!!

Photobucket
The girls were having a blast playing in the curtains. I was having a hard time just trying to get a picture of the both of them!

Photobucket
They gave up on the curtains and decided jumping on the bed would be much more fun!

Photobucket
Thank you Tiffany for stopping over to see us and not judging us by drinking your wine out of a cheap hotel glass!

Photobucket
It was nice to do NO driving today. I thoroughly enjoyed Tiffany and Aubrey's company and hope to see them again when we move out to the Pacific North West!

The Jordan's.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snowzilla.

Playing with fire.

With Crisis comes clarity.