We are still in Seattle for Day 7!

Since we left Anchorage, Sean noticed there was a small oil leak coming from the Jeep. We decided that since we were in the United States now, we should get it checked out. Now, I cannot really remember what was wrong with the Jeep and why it was leaking, but what I DO remember is that the part wouldn't be in until later today, so we decided that instead of going down to Portland, Oregon as planned, we hang around in Washington for one more day.

We learned about a park there called Forest Park. If you live in this area and have kids, you HAVE to go and visit this park! They had a big open field for picnics, kite flying or bubbles! There is a playground, sprinklers, a petting zoo and it was all FREE.

Photobucket
I didn't realize there would be sprinklers, so I didn't pack the girls bathing suits for that day. SHAME on me!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
She is trying to catch a singular drop of water.

Photobucket
And having so much fun in the process.

Photobucket

Photobucket
It's bubble time.

Photobucket
I love the looks Emelia gives me! The thing I really love about this photo is Emelia's outfit. I had to get her out of the sopping wet pants she was wearing, but now her outfit looks pretty ridiculous!

Photobucket
I want to catch one!

Photobucket
Time to see the animals!

Photobucket
Sometimes when you take a picture, you don't realize the way things will look until after the fact. I suppose I shouldn't post this picture because of what it looks like Emelia is doing to that goat.

Photobucket
Chickens!

After visiting with the animals, we decide we have had enough park time and now we want to see the ocean. This is one of the things I really enjoy about Washington. You can start off on a trail that looks like this:

Photobucket
While I was taking this picture, I look down and find Emelia:

Photobucket
Trying to fall into the little creek.

Photobucket
As I was saying, you can make quick work of this trail and end up:

Photobucket

Photobucket
At the ocean. This reminds me so much of Alaska!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
My family. At my favorite place, the beach.

Miles driven today... ZERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The
Photobucket

Comments

Unknown said…
SO where is this beach I want to go..
Unknown said…
I want to go to this beach where is it?
Unknown said…
Hey so where is this beach y'all went to I want to go?
cherishjord said…
I'll have to ask Sean the bomb. I'll send him a note right now. I don't remember where or what the name of this beach is!
Sean said…
The park part is in Forest Park in Everett, and the Beach is in Howarth Park also in Everett.
Unknown said…
Ok we are going to make another trip out there when Steven gets home it should be warm by then....

Popular posts from this blog

Snowzilla.

Playing with fire.

With Crisis comes clarity.