The excitement is growing!

I had a hard time sleeping last night. I was up several times for several hours. You know how I get before you come home- it feels like Christmas and I get so excited I just cannot sleep.

True to form, it is snowing in Alaska. It isn't coming down really hard or anything, but it is that kind of snow that is blowing from every which direction. Sorry to say it baby, but you will probably be shoveling snow upon your arrival.

I've been slowly but steadily taking care of things for your return. Picking up your coffee, figuring out what we will have for dinner, straightening a few things around the house. I am making sure not to overdue it though and honestly, the house won't be as clean as it usually is, BUT I know that you don't care about that sort of thing (I do though).

I told Autumn this morning that you were coming home tomorrow and she just shook her head and said No. Guess we will see how she reacts when we finally see your face at the airport. I am hoping that by the time you get this update, you are on US soil. I feel so fortunate, not everyone comes home in one piece, or on a commercial flight. I just thank God everyday that you are returning home to us.

OK, so enough of the mushy, I'm so excited I cannot stand it stuff.... on to the pictures!!!

SO, I had to get Autumn a new purse. I wanted her to have one that went with her Easter dress. Yesterday Autumn felt it necessary to carry:

Two purses
Both of them! She cracks me up!

All smiles
She was all smiles as we were walking into the library. Autumn loves to go to the library and she loves to pick out her own books. She never picks out children's books though, she always picks out stuff like the History of King Tut. I can picture the conversations that she will have with your dad about history and be grateful that they can talk each others ears off!! :-)

Singing
Autumn broke out in song. Her singing voice is pretty humorous. I hope it isn't mean to say, but she sings like you (sort of a talking sing.....) ha ha ha.

Besides the library, being outside and snow, the next best thing for Autumn is:
Getting ready to
PUDDLES!!! She loves to splash around in them. It drives me a little bit crazy because she will get upset if her shoes, tights or clothes get dirty, but she just cannot resist it. Please note that now she has two purses and her kitty cat!

JUMP!  Splish splash
She took the plunge!!!

So, I am probably going to Benadryl myself tonight to make sure I get some sleep. If there is anything that you want or need, please call me or text me so I can pick it up and have it ready and waiting for you. I know you requested Coq Au Vin for your dinner, but I'm going to make Spaghetti all'Amatriciana. Only because of time restraints. I figure we can have Coq Au Vin on Saturday (and you can cook it!!).

I Love you so much Sean James Jordan and I cannot wait to see your smile tomorrow, or Autumn's excitement when she catches first glimpse of you. Rest when you can love.

Your favorite Wife and Airman.

123 days
123 days of waiting to smile for Y O U!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snowzilla.

Playing with fire.

With Crisis comes clarity.