Hodgepodge

Sean and I decided something today. I'm announcing it very subtly, but if you have a sharp eye, you may have already noticed it.

Let me begin by talking about Tyler Florence's Ultimate Chicken Parmigiana. It was in fact delicious. Autumn helped make the dinner and true to Autumn form, she went after the cheese first.

Parm Cheese
Parmesan cheese. What can I say, my daughter knows good cheese.

Taking a big bite
Taking a bite.

Yummy
Yummy!

My question is, why covet after Tyler Florence when I have my very own Sean Jordan?

Move over Tyler Florence
Move over Tyler Florence, there is a better cook in town!

Mortar and Pestle
Autumn worked on demolishing a hodgepodge of herbs Sean put in her mortar for her. You should hear how she pronounces mortar and pestle, it is quite amusing.

Cherish and Autumn
Autumn and I were totally entertained by Sean cooking us dinner. As much as possible, we make cooking a family affair and there is nothing I enjoy more than watching from the other side of the kitchen counter, Sean prepare us (with Autumn's "help" of course) a fantastic meal.

Chicken Parmigiana
The result: The Chicken Parmigiana was delicious. What Sean said he would do different is not cook the chicken in the sauce (so that it would maintain its crispiness). The sauce was outstanding. I personally would have never thought to put Kalmatta olives in sauce like that, but wow, the end result was over the top!

Caesar Salad
Our Caesar Salad was also very good, but the dressing was slightly overly lemony. The next time we make the dressing, we will be sure to use less lemon.

Autumn's plate
Autumn's plate.

Spaghetti girl
Spaghetti girl! I caught this image completely on accident. I was trying to get a picture of Autumn eating her dinner and had no idea until I downloaded the picture that she had pulled her spaghetti like that!

Dessert
Our dessert. OK, so I wish one of us made that because it was wonderful, but we bought it from the Paris Bakery and Cafe. If you live in Alaska and you haven't visited this Cafe, you are missing out. Sean and I have dined in, dined out and stopped by just to grab dessert and have yet to be disappointed by this place.


No weekend is complete without a trip to Bouncin' Bears.

Bouncin Bears
Sean and Autumn bouncing. We haven't been in awhile because Bouncin' Bears isn't very much fun if you're pregnant, but now that Sean is home, it is right up Sean/Autumn alley!

Bouncin Autumn
Autumn doing a good job walking across that pillow!

Going through
Autumn does just about everything all by herself now.

Making friends
That is until an overly friendly bigger kid adopts her and lugs her around like she is her personal real life baby doll.

Getting more help than necessary
Even though Autumn can go down that slide all by herself, she is getting a little help from her new friends.

Having a blast though
It is OK though, because as you can see, she is having a great time!

Random children

Big Sister
The big sister.

Bouncin' Bears is good at least for one thing:
Tired out
Wearing little children out!!

Yesterday we did some running around looking for plastic bins to organize our house. We've made great progress in de-cluttering our lives and getting NH2's room ready. We still haven't got the furniture put up yet, but we are just about there. Anyway, while out in town, Autumn starts hollering, "MOOOOOOOOOOSE!" I turn my head just in time to see:

Urban Bull moose
This bull Moose.

Autumn pointed him out
Autumn loves Moose. I wonder what she is going to think about the Alcan when we move.

Autumn and the bull moose
I just liked this photo.

Last night Sean made us:
Pizza Margherita
Pizza Margherita. I have to say, pizza Margherita is one of my favorite kinds of pizzas.

Pizza stone
Unfortunately, the pizza stone broke, so we will be heading to Bed, Bath and Beyond for a new one.

Another project we are working on:
Herbs
Our indoor herbs!! They won't be indoor forever, but we are starting them inside and will transplant them once the snow/ice/frost threat is gone.

Big grin from the big sister
Thanks for reading and see you Thursday!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snowzilla.

Playing with fire.

With Crisis comes clarity.