A special day!

Today is a special day in the Jordan household, today is Sean's birthday. Let us not get bogged down in the specific details, like how old he is going to be (I cannot even keep up with how old I am most of the time!), but lets talk about the birthday gift!!

For anyone that knows Sean on an intimate level, you know he hates birthday gifts. This is somewhat problematic if you are the wife or the daughter and usually I get around this by buying him something I know that Autumn or I would like, wrapping it up and saying Happy Birthday, but this year, Sean picked out a gift!!!

Autumn had to test it out first:

Working out
You don't get to be a buff little girl unless you workout.

Push ups
Autumn works on her fitness more than I do!

Petting Prince
She occasionally takes a break to pet Mr Prince.

Groucny face
And as you can tell, he thoroughly enjoys it. Boy, he has no idea what he is in for in a few weeks!

After purchasing Sean's birthday gift (I really should admit that Sean bought this himself, but it was from Autumn and me!), Sean made us Korean food.

Korean food
Yes, we ate Korean food again, this time it was much better. We actually stopped by a Korean market and picked up some "bacon" type meat that was delicious. I promise you I could eat Korean food a couple times a week.

Autumn eating
Autumn tried some of the Korean food, but it was a bit too spicy for her. She started saying hot and was blowing on her mouth, so she ate chicken and lima beans. You have to love a child who is willing to try just about anything.

Yesterday we actually celebrated Sean's birthday by just being at home with one another, enjoying a home cooked meal, and going to church. Autumn got outside a little bit and enjoyed playing in her sand box on the back porch that Sean shoveled all the snow off of.

Playing outside
I need to clean that thing out!

Looking out
Looking out. Don't let the lack of snow fool you, it is still there.

Still snow
Our backyard is clearing out snow much faster than the front yard, so if you can imagine, there is a lot more snow to get rid of! We are getting there though and the hope of Spring is on our minds.

After church, we came home and Sean started on the pizza. He had baked a blueberry pie earlier in the day so that we could enjoy it right after dinner. We opted for pie over cake for his birthday. Anyway, while Sean was busy preparing things, we turn around and catch Autumn red handed.

Birthday pie
In the blueberry pie!

Wiping her hands
Wiping her hands.

Where'd it go?
I took the pie from her, but she started crying, SO!!!!

Digging into blue berry pie
Sean cut her a piece (yes, before dinner).

Sean's Birthday pie
She made good work of her piece of pie.

While enjoying her pie, Sean continued on making our pizza.
Watching dad
Autumn enjoys watching Sean cook.

The chef
Sean has been practicing to be an expert pizza dough tosser. Lets see how he does.

Serious face
Autumn is intently watching.

Tossing the pie
Here comes the toss.

No words
Autumn's like, I cannot even watch this!

Where'd it go?
Where'd it go????

Catching the pie
Oh my! He did catch it!

Shock and awe
Shock and awe on Autumn's part!

Nice face
I knew he could do it!

Pizza
The final product!

SIlly girl
Now the waiting begins.

Give me some now!
Can we just say that Autumn isn't exactly very patient. She ate more pizza than I have ever seen the child eat. It was an outstanding pizza and there were absolutely no leftovers!

So, Happy Birthday to Sean!!!

We have been ever so busy working on Emelia's room. I'm nervous that she may make her appearance before we are finished. I've been having lots of Braxton Hicks contractions, but I did with Autumn as well. Autumn and I will be:

Letters
Painting flowers and Emelia's name this week while Sean is at work.

The crib
Sean got the crib all put together and there was only one small problem with it.

Broken spring
A spring was broken. I think it will be an easy enough fix though. We still need a crib mattress. Hopefully we will be making that purchase this weekend.

Little sister
Miss Thea (the lady at the day care that Autumn goes to when I work out) bought Emelia this outfit. I just love it and think it is super cute. Thank you Miss Thea!

There is no real way to break into this next subject, so here it goes:
Bean pot
Free Le Creuset bean pot to a good home. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the pot, we just don't use it often enough to justify finding a place to keep it in our little kitchen. So if you want it, let me know!!!

That is it for us today!

Beautiful girl
Waiting for Dylan!!!

Comments

The Ramey's said…
Okay first off, I WAS tricked by the lack of snow in that first picture! I was so excited to see NO SNOW and thought, YIPEEEEE!!!! For when we get there, but got quickly depressed when I continued reading! HA HA!
Second- that blueberry pie looked AMAZING and can you do me a favor speaking of pies (since Sean is an expert baker). Before I come up there I want to make Trav a Strawberry pie. It's his fav but I've never made one. Can you ask him if I should do it single crusted or double like your blueberry was? I saw a lot of picture that were just single, but when I picture fruit pies, I picture them double...anyway, that'd be great!

Also, I cannot tell you how much I lit up when I saw, "Waiting for Dylan" as the last pictures caption. When I first saw those pictures of her playing in the sand box, I was brought back to all the memories of them playing in it together last summer :( I thought of all the fun they had and I seriously hope they will have just as much fun when they see each other again....in TWO WEEKS!!! :)
See yall soon! And get some more of that snow melted! This newly residing NM girl can't handle that! It's cloudy and 65 today and I wore jeans and a hoodie HA HA!

Popular posts from this blog

Snowzilla.

Playing with fire.

With Crisis comes clarity.