It's about food.

Not a lot has happened from Monday until now. Sean went back to work on Monday which allowed Autumn and I to get back into the swing of things. Autumn really enjoys getting back to Miss Thea, Miss Kim and Riley at the gym daycare. I've started back up with spin class and depending on the weather, Autumn and I will start to add back our afternoon walks around the neighborhood. There is enough snow melted off the sidewalks now to push the jogger around.

On to the meals. I'm a big advocate of the "meal plan." Rather than going to the grocery store every day or every other day, Sean and I sit down once a week, figure out what we want to eat and write our grocery list accordingly. We try not to go to the grocery store more than twice a week. Depending on the meals and the type of ingredients though, sometimes you have to go twice a week (you don't want your fresh produce and what not to go bad). On the menu this week:

Pan seared sirloin spinach salad
Pan Seared Sirloin over Spinach (the recipe actually called for Arugula, but for whatever reason, our grocery stores didn't have any, so we used spinach). This is one of my favorite meals, but don't skimp on the steak, buy a good quality steak. You won't regret it! You can find this recipe here. Just scroll down the page until you find Pan Seared Sirloin.

Tuesday night we made:
Artichoke Manicotti pesto cream
Artichoke Manicotti with Pesto Cream, side of garlic bread. OK, so not the most aesthetically pleasing meal, but it was delicious! Autumn wouldn't eat it, actually I'm pretty sure she said, "yucky" and "gross." That is OK with me though, because she at least tried it.

Last night we ate at Church and tonight we are having Rotelle with Roasted zucchini, garlic and feta cheese. The other great thing about the meal plan, you eat out less often which means more money to spend on other things (like food you prepared yourself- which tastes better anyway!).

After one of our dinners this week, Autumn got a hold of my camera and took the following photos:

Sean
I know that is kind of dark, but she must have taken about 50 pictures of her dad and that was the best one.

Vision
To my surprise, she also captured this shot.

I'm thinking about buying her one of those digital cameras for children and seeing what all she comes up with.

We are still quite busy getting Emelia's room ready. Sean sanded down the wood letters I picked up for Emelia's room (I apparently sprayed to much primer on them and they needed sanding down). Autumn and I will probably paint those this afternoon. My mom is also helping me with the daunting task of decorating Emelia's room. She picked up some wood flowers, butterflies and dragonflies and has been a busy bee painting them as well.

Emelia's flowers
They will go nicely in Emelia's room and I'm so grateful for the help!

Closer view
A closer look at the flowers.

Speaking of my family. My little sister Sarah sent me this photo of Jordan.
Jordan coleman
It's funny how little kids can get tired and just fall out wherever they are at! Makes me miss all my nieces and nephew.

Sean goes TDY soon for about a week. While he is gone, we are expecting some very important visitors.... DYLAN and CINDY!! I'm so excited about that.

Autumn getting fresh with Dylan
I know Autumn misses her buddy. I've told her that he is coming and she keeps asking after him now. I should know by now she has no concept of time, so saying Dylan is coming in a few weeks doesn't mean anything to her, she starts looking for him immediately.

Tire swing

Date
I miss them too!

Comments

Caitlin Weaver said…
I'm really happy for you that your husband is back!

Popular posts from this blog

Snowzilla.

Playing with fire.

With Crisis comes clarity.