104.8

Today was a rough day for Autumn. She ran a fever through the night, I took her to the Emergency room and the ER Doc said that she had probably caught a virus and to give her Tylenol and Motrin around the clock. We were doing that until finally around 3 pm today her fever hit 104.8

I decided she couldn't go on any longer like that and took her back to the emergency room. They had to draw blood, give her IV fluid, take x-rays and catheterize her. When they put the catheter in, I was holding Autumn in my arms and my mom, dad and the nurse had to hold her down as well. Autumn screamed out for her dad and it nearly broke my heart.

Some of the bloodwork came back and the doctor said there was a rare bacteria in her urine and they would need a few days to determine exactly what it is. He sent us home with antibiotics and more Tylenol/Motrin.

The fever has not broken as of yet, but it is much lower. Please keep my little Savage bug in your prayers. I'll update in the morning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snowzilla.

Playing with fire.

With Crisis comes clarity.