Mt Tucker to I Quit Peak

The plan was Mount Magnificent, but somewhere after Mt Tucker and before Mt Magnificent, Sean said we needed to turn around.

Something about a broken clavicle, medical equipment hanging off my chest, safety, blah, blah, blah......

I was NOT happy with this choice.

I wanted to keep going.

I was so mad, I cried.

I don't even care if he was right, I HATE not being able to do the thing I intended to do.

Maybe next year.

Our day in pictures:


The trail starts immediately up hill and the first bit of it is these tree roots.

Tree roots are not my friend, but they weren't wet, so no big deal.


You know me and my dead trees.


I give you flower and bug!


I started out with a coat on, but that didn't last very long.


Columbine. It is everywhere right now.


The first little opening. Could only see just a smidgeon of Eagle River.


Chocolate Lily.

Did you know this flower smells like actual dog poo???

Why on earth?!?!


Hey, the sun is thinking about popping out.


Looking back on Eagle River.


The first plateau.

This was at 1.25 miles in and I needed to sit down.

Felt like I was about to have a heart attack!

Roughly 2,900 ft of elevation gain here.


I think that is Dingo off in the distance.


Bluebell-of-Scotland

Campanula rotundifolia


I love seeing how Eagle River snakes through the valley.

According to Sean, not so much fun when paddling.


The boys.


Plotting our route?


It doesn't look so bad from here.


I call these the Dr Seuss flowers.

I need to figure out what they are.


















I like these yellow ones.


Gentiana Glauca

Blue flowers!!!






Taking a little break.




Finally reached the summit of Mt Tucker.

I must have passed this thing like four times.

Sean asks me if I saw it and I said no, so he showed me, but short of him standing right on top of it, I would have missed it entirely!




Can you hear me now?


Cheese Mt Tucker! 3,658 feet of elevation.




More stone crop.


Wait, you mean we have to go down to get back up?


Cairn.


Very dramatic drops.








Whenever I see flowers like this, I think of Dr Banerjee... life will find a way.

Arnica Frigida


Trying to remember to look back also.




We are headed up that way!


It's crazy where the flowers will grow here.


Moss Campion.


Geranium oxonianum (Druce's cranesbill).


So this is about the time when Sean says that he thinks we have gone as far as we should go.

The terrain looked like you might need two hands (at a minimum, going back down this section we were on was going to be dicey).

I really didn't want to turn back, but I wasn't going to go on without Sean, so around we went.

I cried for a good five minutes.

It feels like a defeat and I don't like it.

I see this mountain from my house and every time I walk out and look at it, I'll remember that I quit.

Trying to get out of this quitters mentality, I decided to take some fun photos.


What my mom thinks I'm doing.


What I wish I was doing.


What I am actually doing. HA HA


One last look back.


Going home.

Once we got home, I showered, shoveled pizza in my face and then Sean dropped me off for antibiotic #15 of 42.


I see my surgeon tomorrow.

That's all folks.

The Jordan's.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snowzilla.

Playing with fire.

With Crisis comes clarity.