South Fork to Rendevous Ridge to Can you hear me now peak (peak 1286).

This morning while I was watching the news and sipping on my coffee, I could see that the sun was coming out.

This is no time to sit around and waste a good sunshine.....

I packed my bag and off I went.

Sean and I have been talking about Rendevous ridge for some time and instead of going towards Mt Gordon Lyon, I went the other way.

I was hoping I could see Eagle/Symphony lakes from the ridge line, but I didn't have enough time to go that far.

The trail was pretty dry and had lots of mushrooms despite the crazy amount of rain we've been having.

At 1.75 miles in, I made the turn for the ridge line.

In order to reach the ridge, you have to traverse through a valley.

The vegetation was mostly at my knee hip height, but occasionally it was as tall as me.

That is scary when you are traveling by yourself.

You cannot see if there are bear trying to get you!

Thankfully, that doesn't last very long.

The really steep part of the climb today was in the valley part and lasted about 3/10ths of a mile.

When I reached the ridge line, my phone started blowing up.

Millie had called me to tell me that she accidentally doubled the pancake recipe.

When I told her to just cook it all and place the leftovers in the fridge, she said she knew what to do, she just wanted me to know it happened.

HA HA HA!!!!

Anyway, once I made the ridge line, the hike was easy.

I did fall on the way back down, but I didn't get hurt.

In case you didn't know it, there is an art to falling.

If you tense up your whole body every time you fall, you can expect to get hurt everytime.

If you learn to roll with a fall, you might still get hurt, but you probably won't need surgery!

Just sayin'!

Anyway, here are my pictures.

Enjoy!


























































































The Jordan's

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snowzilla.

Playing with fire.

With Crisis comes clarity.