Fishin' and Playin' - It's all the same!

Sean and Autumn fishing
Sean and Autumn trying to catch some trout. Operative word, trying. The wind was too strong- it kept the mosquitoes at bay at least!

Autumn looking
Autumn watching her dad.

My turn
My turn!

Autumn fishing
Autumn fishing. Thanks to those buff arms, I'm pretty sure she can already cast further than me.

The playground
Then on to the park. This one is on base and has so many slides! Autumn had a blast. Now that I think about it, WE ALL HAD A BLAST!

Kicking up dirt
Autumn kicking up dirt.

Having fun at the top
Of course she had to pick the biggest slide!!

Pre armor all
Going down.

Happy Autumn
Look how much fun she is having though!

Emelia
Lets not forget Emelia!!

Enjoying her slide ride
My little Princess.

So Sean comes up with a brilliant idea, and Emelia and I said:
Oh my
Oh my.

Armor alling the slide
Right about now you may be asking yourself, "What is Sean up to?" Well, I will show you.

Armor all
Yep.

Post armor all
Autumn going down post armor all. Look at that speed!

Speed racer Autumn
Everything was looking good and then:

These people
Emelia and I saw what was coming.....

Silly girl.
Ker plunk! In the dirt in her pretty little outfit. As you can see, she thoroughly enjoyed it. Sean fixed up all the slides at that park. We are headed back there today.

Sean having fun
Those two humans have so much fun together. Watching them play and make up for lost time is so heart warming.

All by herself
Autumn climbed this thing, all by herself.

Holding my breath
I held my breath once she got to the top. I think I was more scared than Autumn was. All though, when Autumn reached the top, she even said, "I was scared." She is so brave, I guess she gets that from her dad too.

Cherish and Emelia
Me and Emelia having a little fun.

So Emelia has been here just over a week now and so far, I've only had two major bouts of upsetness (I believe I made that word up). It has been a little tough for Autumn. She wants to be picked up, she wants all the attention and sometimes, that isn't possible. I found myself getting so frustrated with her behavior, that I had to step outside for a moment and gather myself. The other bout of upsetness (that I'm sharing with you because guess what, having a new born in the house isn't all roses, giggles and smiles- although it mostly is!)- has to do with laundry. Don't laugh! I went upstairs to go to bed and found like 8 loads of laundry on my side of the bed and at that point, I was just so tired, even the thought of moving it to the floor seemed overwhelming,so I sat in the floor and had myself a good old fashioned cry. Once I got a good night of sleep, I realized how silly it was to get that upset over laundry. If you don't have time for it, you just don't have time for it. Anyway, other than that, I'm getting back to myself (although Sean might not agree).

We still aren't on any kind of a routine, which is scary considering Sean goes back to work on Friday, but I guess I'll have to wing it.

Let me close with this photo:

Autumn and Emelia in matching outfits
Not the best picture, but I wanted you to see that the girls are wearing the same outfit. As you can imagine, Sean had a lot to say about that, but I think it is adorable and Autumn really liked being pretty just like, "Miiliewah." That is how Autumn says Emelia's name.

Hope you had a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend. Catch ya later!

Comments

Caitlin Weaver said…
Yay, I just checked your blog to see if Emelia was here yet and she is! She sounds like a great, easy baby.

Popular posts from this blog

Snowzilla.

Playing with fire.

With Crisis comes clarity.