Off he goes

Into the wild blue yonder..... Sean is gone again, so here I am typing away at my blog. Normally I wouldn't post until tomorrow, but here goes it!

This morning, when Sean explained to Autumn that he would be gone for a few days, Autumn said, "No, I want to keep." It was sad, but thankfully at this age, she is easily distracted. Not for long though. Throughout the day Autumn would tell me that she wanted her daddy and when I told her you were at work, she:

Don't leave.
Would cry.

Bwankie
Thank goodness for blanket to comfort her and thank goodness this is a short TDY.

The morning was pretty lame. I made my meal plan for the week (which I already haven't followed), wrote out my grocery list (for tomorrow if there is actually time), went to Fred Meyer to pick up Polenta because I already know the commissary won't have it, came home, did lunch. Autumn went into Emelia's room and fell asleep in the bouncer and I fell asleep on the couch, until the phone rang. It was pretty much cloudy all day, but by the time we got to church, true to Alaska, the sun came out and has been shining ever since. I think we are really going to have to adjust Autumn's bed time to compensate for the late evening sunshine.

At church
Autumn did pretty good in church today. She was clapping, head banging, playing with Becca and snacking.

After service, they had cupcakes and coffee.
Chillin with cupcakes
Autumn licked a little of the icing off of her cupcake and I ate the rest.

Let me out of here.
Mainly, she ran around and was looking to escape into the sunshine!

Running with buddy
Running with "Buddy" the kangaroo from the nursery.

Riley bug
Not sure what Riley was doing exactly, but Autumn saw an opportunity.

Tickling Riley
To TICKLE!!

After church, Angie invited us over to eat, so I ran by the commissary and picked up a pack of hot dogs and then went to Angie's house. Dan cooked on the grill so us girls could socialize. The kids played and ate. Autumn took a face dive out of her chair and smashed her face into Riley's high chair. She got a little bit of a bloody nose. The poor girl's face/head has had a really rough week. She just cannot seem to catch a break.

I noticed Autumn was getting really tired, so we bade farewell and headed home. Autumn cried and cried, she was yelling over and over that she wanted her Riley. It is hard not to laugh when she says/acts like that, but it sounds so sad. When we pulled up into the drive, the neighbors were all sitting around a fire and Autumn wanted to go and chat with them. Before I knew it,

Tara and Autumn
Tara was teaching Autumn how to ride a bike.

Off into the sunset.
Autumn figured she would just ride off into the sunset.

I did it.
On her way back, even though she didn't ever actually pedal, Autumn exclaimed, "I did it!"

"Pedaling"
She cracks me up. She did start off with a coat on, but she took it off. She is one tough little girl.

Tara invited Autumn into the house and before I could stop her, she was playing in Tara's room. I let her play for just a few minutes, then went to retrieve her. Autumn started screaming, "I want to be here." Everyone was laughing and I was reminded of that time Derek had to take Tara from our house and we laughed because Tara told her dad she wanted to be at our house. Anyway, I got Autumn into her pj's and she went straight to sleep.

I'm looking forward to having the bed to myself tonight. I hope that isn't offensive to you. Actually, I'm sure you are looking forward to a peaceful/quiet night of sleep yourself (no grizzly bear snoring). Just know that I love you and I miss you and I want you to be safe!! Autumn loves and misses you too!

Your favorite wife and airman. xoxo

Sweetest picture ever!
The sweetest picture ever!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snowzilla.

Playing with fire.

With Crisis comes clarity.