Gold Cord Lake

 At 2 am this morning, I woke up and took a benadryl and some Motrin.

My feet and hip were killing me.  Pulsating.  

I easily fell back to sleep.

I woke up again around 7, but didn't sit up until 8 am.

I downed some water and my Riffampin antibiotic.

Next, coffee.  

An hour later, I could take the doxycycline with a little bit of food.

Now it was just before 9 am.

I am definitely taking a down day........

5 minutes later: "Sean?  Can we please go to Hatcher Pass?  Pretty, pretty please?"

Of course he said yes.

We packed our skis and off we went.

As we approached Independence Mine, it was pretty obvious we would not be skiing.

So off to Gold Cord Lake Trail we went.

In all, we did 4.75 miles (add a mile from the parking area since the gate is closed to the visitor center).

1,100 feet of elevation.

We needed to break out our Kahtoolas for the snow/mud for a bit, but overall, just a magical day.

It snowed a little.

Here is the day in pictures.

I won't even apologize for the overload.












I saw this cute bridge from the trail and I wanted a picture going the other direction, but there was a private property sign, so I didn't go any further.


Just zoomed in.








Creeper in the window!








Shortly after the hut, we took out our kahtoolas.




Stairway to heaven?



Gold Cord Lake, 3,960 feet of elevation.








































































The Jordan's.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snowzilla.

Playing with fire.

With Crisis comes clarity.