The Beaver Pond Trail.

 I've had my eye on the Beaver Pond trail system every since I noticed it on a walk I did on the Bird to Gird trail down in Girdwood.

This past week, we finally made it out there.

I was surprised that the trailhead was on Crow Creek Mine Road.

I've probably passed it a bunch of times and just never noticed it.

We started off on Beaver Pond Trail, but detoured on to California Creek Trail.

We took California Creek trail up past the tree line.

I do want to go back to that area and explore further back, but on this day, we turned around and headed towards Abe Trail.

Abe trail looks like an awesome bike trail.

It had ramps on it.

Eventually we linked back up to the Beaver Pond Trail and made it out to the pond.

Didn't see any beavers and to be honest, unlikely I would ever do this trail again on foot.

Perhaps on a bike or skis.

Our pictures.



























This is about where we turned around.

This area looked really interesting, but I was determined to make it to the pond.

Hindsight being 20/20 and all, I wish we would have stayed in this area and continued back.

Oh well, another day!





This is one of those bike ramps.

I would NEVER do this ramp!  HA HA


Keep your eye out for gnomes.

And tree people.


The beaver pond.

Found a pair of old skates there.  

I'm sure there is a story here.

Wish I knew what it was.




Trail info.

After our hike (8 ish miles or so), we stopped into Girdwood Brewing Company.

Hippy Speedball (Coffee stout beer).

Two Hippies.....

Very dapper.

We both ordered the special of the day from the crepe truck outside the brewery.

It was called the Emiliano.

It had prosciutto, sun-dried tomatoes, red onions, spinach and mozzarella. 

It was an AWESOME way to end the day.

The Jordan's


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snowzilla.

Playing with fire.

With Crisis comes clarity.