Time Out!

As Autumn continues to grow, she continues to push the boundaries and limits. I have found that spanking is not an effective form of punishment for Autumn, she laughs and quite frankly, I can admit that I have a short temper sometimes, so spanking is not a good thing for me either. I have been working on time out. When I can get Autumn to do her time for her crime in time out, it has been very effective. This evening, Autumn kicked me (on purpose because I wouldn't give her my camera) and ended up in time out.

Photobucket
At first, Autumn pretends to be so upset and completely distraught, but then.....

Happy Time Out
Two seconds later and she is all smiles.

Anyway, it is a work in progress for both of us. It has, for the most part been an enjoyable weekend for our family. We are spending as much time together as we possibly can, but it feels like there is this great big cloud over us. Autumn does not realize it yet, but Sean is leaving soon, for awhile. Sean and I know it is coming, Autumn can probably sense it. It seems odd to try and be happy when all I want to do is be sad. I cannot help it, I do not want Sean to leave. I want him here with us. All I can say for myself is at least I am not picking fights with Sean (which I often do before deployment- guess it is easier to be mad than sad sometimes), but I am doing my best to put on a happy face.

We are eating well and it is a welcomed distraction. For dinner this evening we had:

Cocoa Pork Up close
Cocoa Pork with gravy, Mashed potatoes, Peas, and garlic crescent rolls. The pork was wonderful, you didn't even need a knife, it was just falling apart. I cannot wait to eat the leftovers tomorrow!

Cocoa Pork My plate
Another look.

Cocoa Pork Autumn's plate
Autumn really enjoyed it too!

Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake
For dessert, Pecan Pie Cheese Cake!

Overall, a wonderful dinner. Sean did the dishes too. I feel very spoiled and very lucky to have such a wonderful mate. Thank you my love.

Comments

Caitlin Weaver said…
Your meals always look so delicious! And congratulations on the pregnancy, that's so exciting. I can't imagine being away from my husband for so long, but hopefully the excitement and planning for the new baby will make the time go by faster for you!

Popular posts from this blog

Snowzilla.

Playing with fire.

With Crisis comes clarity.