Alaska Girls Rule!

I really struggled with my decision about going on a hike to Byron Glacier today. It was rainy and the forecast didn't look any better down in Portage. Finally I decided that we would drive down there and if it was too bad, we would turn around and come home. We get down there and it is 53 degrees, raining, and WINDY. I didn't want to turn around though, so......

Photobucket
I told Autumn what we were about to do and she gave me this look.

Dry Cherish and Autumn
It didn't take much convincing though.

Happy Autumn
It took about twenty minutes to gear up and Autumn was excited about our little adventure.

Byron glacier Trail
The sign.

Great floods
It was probably right about here where I was like, what the heck was I thinking? Melting glacier, rain and wind- what a bad combination for a hike, but that water only came close to the banks and the trail wasn't overly flooded.

Photobucket
That is Byron Glacier in the background, but I couldn't get over Autumn's gangsta lean. Autumn didn't care one bit about the rain or the cool, she seemed pretty happy to me. It was beautiful out there. I do think we ought to go back sometime when it isn't raining.

We walked about a mile (0.8 mile of the trail is maintained, we walked past that) and found this little area to stop and take a few photos.

Another view
Autumn was a brick in the wall, yeah she likes Floyd too.

Autumn on the wall
If you had been there, we would have gone and checked out that area behind Autumn that was open (it may have been too wet-it was where the glacial melt was coming out at). It almost looked like a cave.

Brick in the wall.
Trying to get a better view of the Glacier!

Cherish and Autumn Byron Glacier
We bumped into a fellow hiker and he stopped to take our photo. We were soaking wet at this point and he says to me, I hope my wife saw you with your baby. I started to laugh a little bit, because she did see us. She stayed in the car!!! He said he was visiting from Pennsylvania and he wasn't going to let a little rain and wind stop him from seeing Alaska and that his wife was a wimp, look at this little baby out here! I started laughing and told him that ALASKA GIRLS RULE!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to get Autumn ready for bed now and then head off to bed in a little bit. By the time I wake up, you should be home. I love you Sean Jordan and I hope you have a safe flight home.

Your Favorite Wife and Airman. xoxo

Three days without you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snowzilla.

Playing with fire.

With Crisis comes clarity.