Jim's Creek and Portage Glacier.

We had a great weekend. As usual, we enjoyed sunny weather one day and not so sunny weather the other!

Saturday we decided we would head down to Jim's Creek. As we were heading in, we had to pull out a nice fella who got his truck stuck in the mud. It was no problem for the Jeep. I saw a little bit of body damage on the guys truck and thought to myself, this guy doesn't know what he is doing. I overheard him tell Sean that he flipped his truck 4x4'ing and that his wife was in it, but she was OK minus a concussion. WOW!!! I don't know if he should be 4x4'ing anymore and big shocker that his wife wasn't with him!!!! Anyway, it is beautiful out there and once we got around stuck guy, you could see all the guys with their dirty trucks/Jeeps/man made 4x4's with HUGE smiles on their faces (and oh by the way, most of them didn't have their wife/fam with them, so part of me wondered if that is why they were so happy), but I decided it was the mud that made everyone so happy.

Photobucket
Autumn dancing near the car that was caught on fire and shot up. Honestly, I have no idea how that car made it out to where we were at. We had to make at least one river crossing at that point and several large "puddle" crossings.

Check out this video of a Jeep making the same river crossing, but on a day where the glacial waters were much higher due to melting.



Autumn dancing.
Autumn was in heaven, she loves off roading, but she really loves ROCKS!

Knik Glacier Jims Creek
That is Knik Glacier in the background and I thought this picture was totally cute!

Cherish Shooting
I took this opportunity to shoot our XD45. I was aiming at a Dr Pepper bottle and only hit it once, but Sean didn't hit it at all!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought my form looked pretty good!

Sunday was rainy and 50 degrees down at Portage Glacier. We went for a walk along the Trail of Blue Ice.

Starting off.
Due to the amount of rain and the temperature, we decided to make it a short walk. We are definitely going to have to go back and walk the length of the trail.

Pulling her own weight
Autumn had to pull her own weight. If I thought I could fit in the stroller, I'd totally let her take me for a walk, I think she owes me! You notice all the leaves on the ground, just another sign that fall/winter are just around the corner!

You talking to me
Sometimes Autumn's facial expressions crack me up.

Glacier
A view of the glacier from the trail.


Talking with Smokey
We stopped in at the visitor center at Portage and Autumn decided she needed to have a conversation with a partially nude bear. Seriously, who that that was a good idea? Where is his shirt?

He did it!
It was Smokey!! He took my blanket!!!

Man in the box
Checking out Portage Glacier from inside the visitor center, where it was nice, warm and DRY! The Glacier was hard to see in here because of the weather.

Taking a Peek
Considering where her eyes are at, I have no idea what the child was looking at!

We had a great weekend. Overall, not too expensive, we did have to gas up the Jeep and we picked up a bucket of chicken, but other than that FREE!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snowzilla.

Playing with fire.

With Crisis comes clarity.