Thinking back.

I've been thinking back to the times when we first met out in Sierra Vista, Arizona over ten years ago now. Do you remember all the fun we had traveling around with hardly a care in the world? Things were much simpler back then. I don't mind the complications that Autumn has brought to our lives, but I do mind the noise the world has brought to our lives.

I feel frustrated that over the past few years, you have hardly been able to take any leave. I know you have no control over that and I certainly do no blame you for the state that the world is in, but at the same time, I cannot help but feel sad over the time we spend apart from one another. The time we get to spend together is hurried, stressful and just leaves me wanting more of you.

My heart aches for you, just as much when you are here as when you are gone. I often feel as if I'm spending most of my time waiting. Waiting for you to leave, or waiting for you to come home.

What I hope to achieve when you return from Afghanistan is some slow down time, like in the beginning. Traveling with you to places unknown, holding hands, fighting over who gets to drive (yelling at me when I hit the curb), making Autumn laugh and just being us and all that entails.

Comments

Brandy Weaver said…
HEy, I didn't know that I had anyone read my post! I saw yours and for some reason clicked on this one... I know that it is between you and sean but it is sweet, precious, honest, and true.

I pray that today, you will get to have those days back. I can remember feeling somewhat that way with my father over the years as he was away so I can only imagine it being worse as the love of your life seems so distant and as you said, "you wait"....

I just recently found the love of my life within the past year and I couldn't imagine waiting for all these years and then having to say goodbye to him as often as you have to with sean.

Yall will be in my prayers for sure! Your little girl is so precious. I will have to post one of my 10 year old going on sixteen!

Take care! How long do yall have to stay there in Alaska?

Popular posts from this blog

Snowzilla.

Playing with fire.

With Crisis comes clarity.