A moment of silence.

Let me begin by talking about exercise. I've been slowly increasing my running and my pace. I'm really starting to enjoy the Garmin GPS tracking my distance, pace, elevation gain, etc. This week I'll run a total of 13 miles. It is Wednesday and I've already run 8. My goal, to complete a half marathon (13.1 miles) in 120 minutes or less by August 15th. I believe I can finish it, I don't know if I'll meet my time goal.

One of the reason I feel compelled to run, I get some time to myself that doesn't involve, "Mommy, what are you doing?" every five seconds. Or listening to, "Huh waaaaaaaaaa".

The other reason I HAVE to run:

Hot out of the oven
Sean makes the most delicious pizza.

The dough
Beginning with the dough.

Pepperoni and cheese
The secret weighted combination of mozzarella and Provolone cheese (honestly, only a secret because I have no idea how much of each cheese Sean puts on there, I only know that he weighs each cheese on our scale for a precise amount).

Paste
The pizza sauce.

Parmesan Cheese
Now at a critical juncture in pizza making, adding a wee bit of Parmesan cheese here!

MMMMMM
Doesn't that look delicious!

Cherry wheat
Let's not forget the beer.

Pepperoni
Adding the secret amount of cheese and the chopped up Pepperoni.

More Pepperoni
MORE pepperoni.

MORE CHEESE
Even more cheese!

Is it beginning to make sense now why I run??

My delicious slice
Oh my goodness, don't you wish you were here? You may now take a moment of silence and stare in adoration at my totally awesome Sean made Pepperoni Lover's pizza slice!

With our pizza, we had a Caesar Salad.
Caesar dressing
Sean made the dressing.

Caesar salad
Seizure salad (ha ha ha Julie!) is one of my favorite salads!

Last night we had:
Filet Mignon
Filet Mignon with a Port Wine reduction sauce served over a bed of spinach, roasted tomato with mozzarella on top and grilled New Potatoes.

Paired with water
Paired with water! Somehow, that seems like a sin, but I really needed the water. The food was so delicious that within a few seconds, my plate looked like:

Cleaned up plate
It was licked cleaned.

Our herbs
Our indoor herbs are doing great. I sure hope they can survive the winter in the house (so far we haven't had much luck with this).

Then lastly, lets talk about Mother's Day again. Apparently my lame GPS cord Sean gave me for Mother's day wasn't my only gift. Recently (yeah, Mother's day was like 12 weeks ago Sean!), I got the other part of my gift. It was a shortened barrel for my shot gun. So if you are reading this and you know where I live, you better think twice before breaking into my house!!! Now I just need to make some time to go out and shoot our guns. Seriously though, thank you for my lame cord Sean, I really do like that I can keep track of my running and anything to do with guns is exciting to me!!

Another gift I had to wait for was from Autumn.

My magnolias
A pot of Marigolds that Autumn planted with Miss Thea and Miss Kim at daycare. I sure do miss those ladies and I know Autumn does too.

Sorry, no pictures of my girls today, maybe tomorrow. The sun is shining, the sky is blue and we are headed out to the park here in a little bit. Check back tomorrow if you need something to smile about. I'm certain I'll have at least a few photos of my girls!

The Jordan's.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snowzilla.

Playing with fire.

With Crisis comes clarity.