Let's go fly a kite

I'm behind with my pictures. We went out to Eklutna Lake on Sunday and got tons of pictures. The plan was to stop by KFC in Eagle River, then head out to the lake for a picnic and some kite flying. In case you are wondering, the KFC in ER is closed down, so if you want to do something similar, be sure to stop at a KFC in Anchorage first. We ended up going to Fred Meyer and grabbing our grubs, then continued on.

Without further ado, here are the photos.

Photobucket
Sean and Autumn made it down to the lake first. I stayed behind to take care of some things with Emelia at the car. This afforded me the opportunity to get some pictures of them from a distance.

Photobucket
Sean told me on the way down to the water that they encountered a dog. Autumn LOVES dogs and was excited to see this dog, but once they started walking away, Autumn muttered, "Stupid dog." Thanks Sean! Every time Sean sees a dog he says that, I guess Autumn does too.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I thought our kite was creepy.

Autumn doing it by herself
Autumn had such a good time with it though.

Crash
Even when it crashed.

Cutie

Cutie pie

Toes in the "sand"
This is what beach looks like in Alaska. I suppose the caption should read, "Toes in the stones."

Having a picnic
I think those two could picnic without me sometimes.

Chicken leg
Autumn eating a chicken leg.

ROWW sighting
Random Roww sighting.

Emelia

Best Friends
Autumn enjoying the view.

Autumn 1
More kite flying.

Autumn 2

Autumn 3
Pull!

Autumn 4

Autumn 5

Let go

Enjoying the sunshine

Autumn and Roww

No idea what she was doing

Shark hug
The SHARK HUG!!

Daddy's help

Staring

By the water

Canoe

I Love my daddy

Roller coaster riding
Why does Emelia always look like she is on a roller coaster ride?

TWo girls

Emmmy

Tongue

Chilling out

Kisses
Kisses.

More relaxing

Cherish
I was standing there to get my picture taken when all of a sudden I was attacked by:

Getting attacked by a bug!
A giant bug of some type. I asked Sean, did you take that picture and when he smiled, I knew the answer! No wonder Autumn is freaked out by bugs, but good grief, Alaska bugs are GIGANTIC and the mosquitoes must be some sort of super superior species because they don't care if it is 20 degrees out, they don't care about your deet and they really don't care if you are wearing clothes, they'll bite right through them!

Sean chasing down the kite
So Autumn accidentally crashed the kite (very nearly into some people), Sean took off chasing after it. Autumn took off chasing Sean, but she stepped in some mud and came crying back to me that she was dirty. You see that canoe in the background? Sean totally flipped over it!!!

no shoes
Autumn upset that her shoes got dirty.

Staring

Autumn and Emelia

Being careful

Autumn flying again
Sean and Autumn got the kite back up in the air. See this video to watch how they did it.



So that was our kite flying adventure. Hope you enjoyed the plethora of photos. Last night was kind of lonely without you Sean. Autumn woke up at 230 am quite upset. She must have been having bad dreams because she was hollering in her sleep, "I spanking you!" She slept with me until almost 8 am this morning. I know, you'd frown on that, but we were tired. Emelia slept in her bed the whole night. I woke her up to feed her like I usually do at 3 am and she drifted back off to sleep in baby dream land. I forgot to tell you, Davis was talking to Emelia at church and she gave him a great big smile. It was so cute! Anyway, I Love you and miss you dearly. Thank you for being the kind of husband that takes us on great big kite flying adventures!

I love you.

Your favorite wife and airman. xoxo

The end.
I think this is a great shot of Autumn flying the kite all by herself and a great way to end this post.

The Jordan's.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snowzilla.

Playing with fire.

With Crisis comes clarity.