Lawn Wars!

Grass

Not only are we at war with our lawn itself, but we are at war with all our neighbors. We all seem to be striving for that elusive greener grass on the other side. I notice if we cut our grass, our neighbors promptly cut theirs and vice-versa.

The weeds really seem to be a problem this year and I have had little motivation to plant in the front yard.

Weeds
Rather than growing flowers in this bed, we opted for the much less costly dandelion. Autumn seems to think they are flowers. I've actually had moose come right up to my yard and eat just about anything I've planted in this bed and since we will be moving next year, I think those dandelions are going to have to do it.

The grass is always greener
I sprayed our lawn for weeds. It is funny how one week our grass will look greener and another week the neighbors grass will. Our front yard is pretty small and I guess for now, we will continue to battle it out for the coveted greenest grass on the block.

We have been having a nice weekend so far. Yesterday I ran 5.6 miles.
5.6 miles
Today I need to get in a 6 or 7 miler. We shall see.

One of Autumn's favorite snacks is popcorn. She moved her chair over to the microwave to watch it pop.
Watching popcorn
The only thing scary about this is our kitchen knives are very near the microwave. We are going to have to find a place to put those things before someone gets hurt.

Dress from Grandma Coleman
My mom sent Autumn this dress.

Cutie with purse and keys
We haven't had a whole lot of occasion to wear sun dresses (and Autumn has about 6 sun dresses in her closet that have never been worn), but whenever it is sunny, I certainly try to dress her up. I think she looks terribly cute with her keys and purse.

Most of my good friends would know this, but when my old neighbors, Amber and Robert, left Alaska, they gave us a sandbox. We have been using that sandbox as a pool for Autumn. I FINALLY got around to buying Autumn a real pool.

New Pool
Trouble is, even on our warmest day, even filling it with warm water from the water heater, Autumn got so cold she was turning blue and shivering.

Watering the pool
The Master of Sergeants filling the pool. Hey, aren't you supposed to delegate some of the tasks mister Master of the Sergeants.

Watering the house
Oh OK, I see that you did, but Autumn had other plans, like watering the house.

Laughs
While Autumn was outside having fun, Emelia was:

Sleeping Emelia
Sleeping. No worries Emelia, eventually you will be big enough, tough enough to:

Mean
Get sprayed with cold Alaska water by your Dad too!

Cold Autumn
Even though cold, she still stayed out in the pool and played.

Catching water
Trying to catch the water.

All smiles
All smiles.

Yellow fish
Yellow fish.

Whoa
Whoa! My favorite picture from this set.

I don't wanna go inside
I don't want to get out of the pool!

Until next time!

The Jordan's.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snowzilla.

Playing with fire.

With Crisis comes clarity.