Lots of fish!

Since I last posted here, Sean has come home, Emelia celebrated 2 months on Earth and Brett had a birthday. I think Brett is like 40 years old now!!!!!!!!!!! WOW that sounds old! Happy Birthday Brett!

Autumn has a new obsession, she likes to get into my makeup. Thank goodness I don't have very much makeup and thank goodness it isn't expensive. I have to find some place to hide it though because she manages to look:
Lip gloss
Incredibly silly and beautiful at the same time. I've already told her that she isn't going to be allowed to wear makeup until she is in her 30's.

"Little Sister" HA!
Emelia thinks Autumn is very entertaining. I quite agree.

Smiles
Now if we can get some shirts that tell the truth. I think a more appropriate title would be "younger sister"!

It's been awhile since I posted about food. We wanted something different the other day and came up with this:

Raw Rolled Flank Steak
Rolled Flank Steak.

Rolled Flank Steak
Stuffed with Prosciutto, roasted bell peppers, Parmesan Cheese, spinach and a few other ingredients.

Final product
The final product. Overall, it was very flavorful. The meat was a little bit tougher than I personally prefer, but it was nice to try something new.

Dinner Table
The dinner table. It is nice to finally eat as a family. Emelia has started to join us at meal time. She cannot sit in that Bumbo for very long though. She is still gaining neck control/strength.

Autumn and Sean cooking
After dinner, Sean and Autumn made us some "healthful" cookies. Oatmeal Craisin cookies. They were delicious!

Tasting
The real reason Autumn likes to cook, tasting the batter! Who can blame her, it is the reason I LOVE to make cookies too!

More tasting
Just making sure it is safe to eat.

One of the great phenomenons that take place in Alaska is the running of the salmon. It is amazing to watch them swim upstream. I am amazed that they can do it at all, but somehow they manage. I've been waiting all summer to take Autumn out to 6 mile creek here on base to show her the salmon. We decided to do that this past week and fortunately, we got lucky enough to see a BUNCH of jumping salmon. Take a look.

6 mile creek fish ladder
This is what you see when you first pull up. That is a fish ladder and this is very near the end of the long journey for these amazing fish.

6 mile creek
If you look close enough, you might see some of the fish in the water.

Jumper on the left
Jumper on the left. It is kind of sad when they completely miss because sometimes it is a giant fail. I saw a couple of fish hit that ladder pretty hard. I also saw some of the salmon hit the bank. OUCH!

Red Jumper
Whoa! You see that red jumper?

Two Jumpers
Two at the same time. I believe both of those guys made it.

Big jumper
You probably cannot tell by the photos, but those fish are pretty darn big.

Middle Jumper
Missed!

Another Jumper
Yet another miss. I wonder how many times they have to try before they make it.

All those salmon
Do you see all those tasty salmon in there?

After checking out the salmon (and getting hungry), we headed over to the park.

Mosquito netting
Mosquito netting. I sure wish I could just wear one of those everywhere we go. The mosquitoes are relentless here.

Smiles

Running

Writing in the dirt

Hi mom

Running again
Autumn's running is hysterical. You'd have to see it in person though to get the full effect. While playing, Autumn realized someone was missing.

Climbing up to get
At first I thought she was climbing up to get her sister, but!


Nope, she was after Roww.

Best friends are we
That cat goes everywhere with us!

Going up with Roww
I was shocked that Autumn would climb this ladder. The last time we were at this park, Autumn fell pretty hard off that thing. She was afraid at first, her whole little body shaking, but she overcame that and gave it a go. I was even more shocked that she managed to do it with Roww.

LOve you roww

Climbing the ladder

Would be easier

Holding on tight

Set you here

The last step

In the tube slide
After successfully climbing the ladder, they went down the slide together.

Smiles all around
Autumn LOVES the slides.

ROWW

Breaking for a treat
We took a quick break for a treat.

Roww and Squealiwah

Making a wish
Autumn picked a flower and was making a wish on it.

on a flower
I guess she thought this was a dandelion!! While looking at these flowers, we had a surprise guest.

Caterpillar
Why hello Mr Patter Patter (how Autumn pronounces caterpillar). Of course, she started screaming "ESSPIDERS"!!!!!! Once I got her calmed down though and explained that it was just a nice caterpillar, she was pretty intrigued by it.

Pater Pater
I thought he was pretty cool.

Hello blue eyes
My favorite photo of the day. I'll be posting again really soon with our adventure to Crow Pass. Until then, see you later!

The Jordan's.

Comments

Unknown said…
Looks like ya'll had a great time!! Wish we had been there to hang out with ya'll!! Miss ya!
Jen said…
He is not quite 40, but close enough :-)
He thinks I think he turned 40, which is fun to tease him with. I am sure he will enjoy teasing me about turning 30 next month
:-)

Popular posts from this blog

Snowzilla.

Playing with fire.

With Crisis comes clarity.