We made it!!!

We were able to get a hop to Charleston today. I must say, military flights are better than civilian flights for several reasons. There were 11 people on our flight (out of 54 available seats)- that is less germs. It took less than 5 hours to fly from Cali to SC- you could NEVER do that commercially. Here are some photos.

The rough life.
The layover at Travis was rough Sean. We got to sleep for 12 hours, watch a movie, enjoy 50 degree weather and chill out!

Really rough.
Can't you tell by Autumn's face (or her hair for that matter), it was REALLY rough!

Stopping to smell the flowers.
It was weird that we didn't need snow boots, or snow pants, or coats even. Everything was so green.

Row of roses
We just had to stop to smell the roses!

Lounging at the USO.
Once we got to the Terminal, Autumn and I hung out in the "dependent" lounge (USO). Autumn took a little nap there and I was very grateful for the opportunity to spend the afternoon in there. It was nice.

Once we went through security, there was a vending machine (thank goodness because there wasn't last time). Autumn has a question for you Sean.
Cup in soda machine.
Dad, if I put my cup in here, will I get soda?

Hand in there
How about my hand?

Buckling in.
Buckling in. She really wanted to sit by herself, but she had to sit in my lap when it was time to take off. Fortunately, our seasoned traveler fell asleep at take off and landing every single time. I think that was better for her ears!

Photobucket
It was green in there, sort of like night vision goggles. I can assure you, Autumn and I were the most comfortable and the only warm people on that C17. Thanks to the Therma rest and not being wimpy to cold weather. Overall, worth the effort. Total cost to get to Charleston from Alaska- $12.75 for meals, $40 for hotel = $52.75. Not bad!!!!!!! Love you bunches.

Your Favorite Wife and Airman. xoxo

The Count: 21 Days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snowzilla.

Playing with fire.

With Crisis comes clarity.