I dream of you.

I was sort of asleep this morning.

Autumn was in the bed with me.

I hear Millie's steps from across the house.

She makes her way to my side of the bed.

She gently pulled the covers down and touched my face with her hand.

She said,

"Mommy? I dreamed of daddy last night."

Me: You did?

Millie: It was like he was really here.

Me: I'm so glad you got to visit with daddy.

Secretly, inside, I just wanted to cry. I really am happy she had a sweet dream with you, but it also makes me incredibly sad.

I wish she did not have to dream about you, but that she could just be with you.

I opened my arms and took her in and we all three lay there for a little while.

We were rather busy today with church, but I just feel this huge weight on my heart.

It is because I miss you.

Today is your birthday.

I wish we could be together.

I cried off and on throughout the day.

I hope tonight that as our children drift off to sleep,

you are safe.

I hope tonight, that while we are sleeping,

WE dream of you.

Happy birthday Sean.

(PS- I am going to buy myself something in honor of your birthday. Why should that tradition stop just because you are halfway across the world. I think you might like a purple Garmin... I'm just sayin')

Your current wife and favorite airman. xoxo
Day 13.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snowzilla.

Playing with fire.

With Crisis comes clarity.