What to do?

I have a lot on my mind this evening.

I received a phone call this afternoon.

I believe it was around 1 pm.

I'm supposed to provide a meal for my Sunday school teacher (Brett) and his wife, Alice tomorrow.

Sharon called me and said that Alice and Brett were currently on their way back to Emory.

He had some puss leaking from the incision sight and there was lots of it.

They have readmitted him and he is having surgery in the morning.

This is what Brett said about it:

We've had a slight setback in my recovery. The surgery site is infected so I am being checked into Emory again and will have another surgery tomorrow to address this issue. If all goes well, they'll remove the bone flap, thoroughly clean everything, autoclave the bone, then reinstall it. Worst case scenario would be if the bone is infected they'd have to sew me up without it until everything heals, then I'd have another surgery in a month or two to replace the bone flap with a fabricated piece. None of this is what we wanted to hear, but I'm in good hands so we are trusting and following. Your continued thoughts and prayers would be appreciated.
Thank you.

I have a feeling he will be in the hospital longer this time.

I have put the chicken thighs in the marinade (it is supposed to marinate for 24 hours).

Do I just toss the whole thing in the freezer?

Do I cook it up and then re-freeze it?

One bag of chicken thighs was frozen and thawed out.

The other was never frozen.

I know which is which.

What would you do?

I woke up feeling rough still this morning, but not as bad as yesterday.

My lungs feel sticky and I've actually been having some very mild chest pain, mostly on my left side.

It comes and goes, so I'm not super concerned about it.

I think it is actually my lungs and not my heart.

I went to OT.


They gave me a new device to try out.

It wasn't too hard for me.

I mean, I've been doing pushups, pullups, and tricep dips.....

I left there and went to the PX to look at a mouse.

I talked with a guy and gal in the electronics section and they showed me where the USB plug for the mouse was.

I had no idea there were spots on the back of the computer. I thought everything was on the side.

The lady insisted that I should check the batteries on the mouse.

I told her that I flipped that thing over a bunch of times and I did not see how to open it.

I figured it couldn't hurt to look at it again before I buy a brand new mouse.

I went to the Commissary and picked up a few items (Naan and string cheese).

I went to Walmart.

I picked up Millie from school.

I came home and made two batches of marinade for the Sticky bourbon chicken (one for me, one for Alice).

I cooked another batch of Mulligatawny soup (one for Alice, one for Alison).

My second batch was WAY better!!!! There was enough leftover for me to have some too.

It was perfect with the Naan bread.

I know that can go in the freezer and wait for Alice to get home from the hospital.

I bet it will be even better once it sits.

I got Autumn from school.

I came home and tinkered with the mouse.

VOILA! I changed out the batteries and the mouse works again.

I feel like a dumb ass.


It rained most of the day, but the sun came out this evening.

I dumped some baking soda in the pool.


Took a picture of the cucumber plant. It is getting big!


Autumn really wanted a new swimsuit like Millie's, but they didn't have that style in Autumn's size.

I got her this $9 one from Walmart.


Millie wanted in on the action.


Your mom told me she sent you a package today.

We will be sending one soon.

Autumn wants to send you Walden.

I think she really wants to see some pictures from you.

Hopefully you can make that happen.

I'm going to try and go to sleep, but I'm going to spend some time praying about Brett first.

It is hard not to worry because it sounds serious.

Your current wife and favorite airman. xoxo
23 days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snowzilla.

Playing with fire.

With Crisis comes clarity.