The lies. The infamy. The Truth.

I want to tell you about our evening last night.

Autumn told me that she wouldn't be able to go to bed without you tucking her in. It was sad.

At midnight, Millie came in to our room and asked if she could lay in your spot. I told her she could, but that she wouldn't be able to do it all the time.

She said, "OK." She climbs in bed. After about ten minutes, I couldn't stand another minute in the bed with her.

I woke her up and told her she had to go.

She was kicking me. Pulling my hair. Grunting or something.

I NEED my sleep too, animal!!!

I walked her back to her bed, told her I loved her and she went right to sleep.

On to today.

I've had such a busy day today.

Millie made us late to school this morning.

She picked out a winter dress. Black velvet long sleeved on top with dark red on the bottom of the dress.

I told her it was going to be at least 90 degrees today.

She demanded to wear it.

After putting it on for an entire 3 seconds, she started screaming that it was itchy and ran to her room.

She grabbed her gymnastics leotard and told me she would wear it underneath. Then she put on those wretched lime green leggings.

Me: Millie. You are going to DIE! It is going to be so hot today.

Millie: I want to look beautiful.

Dropped off Autumn, get Millie to school. I tell them she has a leotard underneath that dress and if she needs to use the restroom, she will need help.

I leave and head straight to post for my occupational therapy appointment.

Not even 15 minutes later I get a text from Mrs Keri saying that Millie took off the dress and put it in her bag.

THAT GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My OT guy says that I'm doing fantastic and he can tell I'm working outside of OT on my wrist.

I can bend my wrist back 60 degrees and forward 40. It is improvement. He wants to see me twice a week for the next month. He thinks I can knock this out in one month.

I hope so.

I ran 3 miles 2 miles in the extreme heat.

I went to the PX.

I went to the commissary.

I went to Walmart.

I went to get Millie.

We went to your mom's house so she could pick out a school picture of Millie.



Millie posed for a picture.

We left and dropped off the groceries.

I went to K-mart and bought a pool.


It is 91 degrees already???? That doesn't even factor in the heat index.

Let the infamy and lies begin.

We get the pool.

We get Autumn.

WE go home and clean.


I even vacuumed!


I couldn't find a tarp or anything, so I used our old painter's throw.


The directions said to let the pool hang out for two hours in direct sunlight.

So I mowed.


Millie planted.


My little garden is coming along.

Now that enough time has passed to start working back on the pool, I tear the whole entire house down to find the air mattress blower upper thingymabob.

That takes at least 30 to 45 minutes.

I finally found it, but it was all tangled up.

I get it untangled but,


I cannot seem to figure out which of these thingybobs I'm supposed to shove into the hole.

I bump into another problem...



This thing has to be plugged in to a car. None of our cars can reach back here.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!


So I begin to blow.



And blow.

Blow some more.

I think I'm hallucinating. I'm definitely seeing spots and feeling dizzy.

It is like a hundred degrees out here.

You know what would be great on a day like today?

A STINKING POOL!!!!!!!!!!!!


After about an hour, I Finally get the top ring of this pool blown up.

Step 2 (according to those lying instructions).

Assemble the filter.

How hard can that be?


Shove this nut into that o joint and valulet's and all kinds of other words I don't know.

WOW. I'm going to be here for eternity.

Lubricate the O-joint near the bearing of something or another.

I take a little walk out into the garage looking for some lubrication.

These people are not speaking my love language right now.

I see WD 40. Hmmmmm.......

We also have Olive Oil. Now you are talking my love language.

We don't just have lubrication hanging around our house people. WE have olive oil and whatever the heck WD 40 is supposed to be.

I better check with my dad.

Before I even finish saying olive oil, my dad says

Cherish. Use Vasoline.

Man. My dad is incredible. Thanks Dad!

So I lube up some parts. Attach some thing thingymabobs and step 3. Fill your pool.

Got it!


Things are looking mighty fine.

It is now 6 pm though. Yeah... 230 pm until 6 pm..... those 3 easy steps.........

It is time to go to church.

To leave the water running or to turn the water off? That is the question.

I think you know the answer.

I'm incredibly intelligent.

Highly capable.

Anything you can do, I can screw up better.

OF COURSE I LEFT THE WATER RUNNING.


The girls went to kids choir. I went to service.

I found out that Brett (Alice's husband and my Sunday school teacher) had a run in with allergies during the snake his brain episode and apparently looks like


Will Smith from Hitch. Poor guy!!!

Back to my dilemma....

We get home to find that the pool is


Overflowing, but incredibly lopsided.

Man, I'm not really sure what I am supposed to do.

The drain plug is now on the pool floor. I cannot even do anything with that.

There is no way the pool filter is going on there either.

I turn the water off.

The excess stops running off after a few minutes.

I'm staring at it and trying to figure out what is the best course of action.

The girls do not seem to mind one little bit that I've completely screwed this up.

I'm going to sleep on it.


I think I will let them play in it tomorrow.

I'm considering letting the water out over the next few days and trying to re-position it on the concrete later. Otherwise, I might have to return this $109 pool.

So there you have the lies and the infamy. Now it is time for the truth.

I'm sorry I'm failing, but I'm trying. Any suggestions?

Your current wife and favorite airman. xoxo
Day 2.

Comments

AmandaD said…
I can't believe you mowed today! We still have snow and mud galore.
Lisa Jack said…
Ha ha we bought one just like this last yr.
All lies I tell ya, all lies.
I had to drain it and start fresh to get it not lopsided. Good luck my friend!
cherishjord said…
I'm currently draining it and returning it for a metal frame pool. They are a little more money, but at least I know they work with our slab.

Popular posts from this blog

Snowzilla.

Playing with fire.

With Crisis comes clarity.