Losing Track

I wonder if from your perspective, you ever lose track of time?

I was sitting here thinking it was Saturday night, when in fact, it is only Friday night.

Almost every day this week I have been off. Not really sure what day of the week it is.

We are just now getting home (926 pm) from Mrs Ann's house.

Well, the girls went to your mom and dad's house; I went to Mrs Ann's.

She was a very sweet lady and it made me cry a little bit.

We had make your own pizza and chit chatted and some even played games.

It was really quite a nice distraction.

Tomorrow is a birthday party and then Alison is making me something with scallops. I LOVE scallops.

Alice and Brett went to Atlanta today for the pre-op.

Having just gone through that with Millie, I know that had to be stressful for Alice.

I imagine that Brett, also a man of steel, had a lot on his mind as well.

It hurts my heart to know how much they must be worried.

I can imagine all the what ifs and how many more there must be when speaking of doing surgery on a brain aneurysm.

I do not know what the outcome of all of that will be. Brett's surgery is on Tuesday, April 21st, but what I do know is that things will go exactly the way they are meant to.

I like to think about the verse:

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34

And not to use Brett's or Alice's own words against them,

But now, this is what the Lord says—
he who created you, Jacob,
he who formed you, Israel:
“Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
2 When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze.
3 For I am the Lord your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior;

Isaiah 43: 1-3.

Brett shared that with our class just this past Sunday. It meant a lot to me in my own experience. I think they are great words to cling to.

It is kind of funny how you can "fall in love" with people.

When I first started going to Cornerstone, I never would have suspected that Alice and Brett would be such important people to me, but I've grown to love Alice so much and then Brett by extension (which I'm pretty sure that Alice would say the same of you Sean).

I'm talking about fight someone to the death if they put even one finger in a hateful way towards Alice.

Did you know she is a band geek too?

She also counted her steps for years after high school because of marching band?

I used to think Brett did not like me because he wouldn't ever look me in the eye during Sunday School class, but I kept returning each week because every week he encouraged me in a positive way.

Brett reminds me a lot of you.

They are my people.

And I love them.

Well, my dear. I've had a long day. I love you bunches.

Before I head off to sleep,

Autumn is in her bed, on her way to sleep. She has her blanket pulled up close to her face and nose. Roww is right next to her. She is very calmly, steadily breathing in and out.

Millie is in her bed with her blanket twirling between her fingers, her milk cup near her face.

No doubt in my mind they are thinking about you and missing you.

You are the last thought they have before they drift off to sleep and you are often the first thing they want to talk about in the morning.



We all miss you deeply.

Your current wife and favorite airman. xoxo
Day 11 (PS- I'll have pictures to share tomorrow)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snowzilla.

Playing with fire.

With Crisis comes clarity.