Jerk turtles...

Yesterday, when we were leaving Alice's house, I carried the girls to my car

(they didn't want to get their shoes dirty).

I hopped in the passenger side of the car, but before I closed my door, I realized...

If we were going to get home, perhaps I should scurry on over to the driver side.

What on earth was I thinking??

We saw this:


On Mehaffey (or Garrett Drive) near the very fist house on that road.

I am really surprised we did not lose power yesterday.

Something else from yesterday:


Millie's mirror.

Me: Millie, what on earth happened to your mirror?

Millie: Sorry (in that Millie tone where she is just saying sorry and does not mean it at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!).

I am going to make her clean it on bathroom day! Seriously, that is obnoxious!!

Speaking of cleaning.

I was having an issue with the sprayer in the kitchen.

When I would turn the water on, water was shooting out the side of the thing and watering the wood cutting board.

What on earth?

I picked it up and looked at it.

It had some sort of buildup around the sprayer openings.

So, I fashioned a baggy full of vinegar around the sprayer head and let it sit for about an hour.

I rinsed it clean and Voila! No more shooting water.

Speaking of water (man, I'm killing these transitions today, right!!! I'm totally ready for college)...

I left my Chickfila cup at Alice's.

This is the thing about my chickfila cup.

I try to hold on to it for 2 weeks or so.

They hold the cold in.

They don't sweat so much.

Should I forget it somewhere, no big deal!!!

Well, I left my cup at Alice's. I called over to head back and get it, but it was too late!!!

Alice had tossed it out.

Now I must die of dehydration because I cannot drink water from any other cup!!!


So, I replaced it this morning.

Aside from all the other things I normally do on a Monday, I did sprints out on the track at Benning. I did OT. I also took a tour at Virginia College.

I sent you an email about that.

After grabbing Autumn from school,

We spotted a turtle in the middle of the road.

To be honest with you,

There were two geese on one side of the road and I feel like they were trying to get my attention.

Or maybe they were trying to get the turtle's attention.

I pulled the car over and walked up to the turtle and he tried to take off.

A car was coming up, so I was glad I pulled over.

He might have gotten hit.

I picked him up, but he was NOT happy about it.

Autumn rolled down her window because she wanted to pet the turtle.

Since I knew he was mad, I tried to turn where his face wasn't near Autumn's fingers, but the second she touched his shell,

He snapped with his whole body.

I almost dropped him!!!!

What a JERK!!! I saved his life and he wants to bite my offspring!!!


I put him in the grass of the yard he was moving towards because I once read that you should place turtles on the side of the road they were aiming for.

Hopefully he makes it to wherever he was going.

I love you.

I miss you.

I'm headed to bed shortly.

I'm SO tired.

I hope you feel better soon.

Your current wife and favorite airman. xoxo
Day 14 (two stinking weeks without you).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snowzilla.

Playing with fire.

With Crisis comes clarity.