Millie Swims.

Day 2 of the Great Wolf Lodge.

The cool thing about this place is that you can stay from park open to park close on the day you check out, but you have to be out of your room by 11 am.

They have an automatic check out, so in the morning, after breakfast and coffee, we packed up all our stuff.

We had stuff for the car and stuff for the park.

We were walking around the hotel waiting for the park to open when we noticed people going in. It opened sooner that what we thought.

We went and put on our swimsuits, but we had a talk with Millie about standing up as tall as she could so she could get a yellow band today.

Once we got to the park, Autumn still had her band on from the day before, so it was all Millie.

She gets over to the measuring stick and this time, she is RIGHT on the line.

The little teenage girl asks me, "where you here yesterdsay?"

Me: Yes.

Teenager: What color band did they give her yesterday?

Me: Yellow.

Both my kids gasped a little bit, because they knew I had lied!! I probably taught them a bad lesson, but I wanted Millie to experience the park beyond the toddler areas.

Millie was so excited I'm certain she gave us away!!


Back in the wave pool!

Something miraculous happened on this day.

Millie doesn't like to put her head under water.

I was very much convinced that she would not swim (I mean fully swim. She can doggie paddle pretty good, but I wanted her to swim under water) any time soon.

I'm not sure how it happened, but just like her big sister, one moment she wasn't swimming and the next moment:


Millie swims.


Autumn.


I found this day to be so much more enjoyable. I don't know if it is because we were fresh or if because we got to stay together, but it was just more fun.

This slide, the mat racer, I think was their favorite, but this slide made me want to throw up!! That is Sean coming down. Autumn and Millie are on it too, but I'm not sure you can see them.


Autumn and Millie going together.


Playing on the splash pad.


Sean and Millie waiting for the big bucket to tip over.


It's getting ready to happen!


Wham!!!


Before we left, the chicks got some ice cream. Autumn and I sneaked off and grabbed some, but when Millie saw us, she demanded one too.

Millie: I want a banilla cone with seben scoops, but I can deal with four!

This girl!!!!!!!!!

After ice cream, we showered off and headed out to the mountains.

Looking Glass Falls in the Pisgah National Forest


This fall you can see from the road.


One short staircase and you can view it from the ground.


Sweet Autumn.


Millie was mad because she didn't want to get her shoes wet. I caved and carried her!

We headed back to the car and started driving through the Pisgah National Forest.

We found: Sliding Rock.

When Sean and I were dating, we went somewhere very similar to this out in Arizona.

Having been on a sliding rock before, I can tell you this.

It is kind of hurty.

It is fun, but seriously, it kind of hurts too.


"Sliding Rock is a 50 foot natural water slide that ends in a 7 foot deep pool of water. "


We informed Autumn that she was going to check it out for us!

We did some more driving.


As typical with mountain driving, the higher up in elevation you get, the foggier, cloudier it gets.


I liked how it was kind of spooky.


Our creepy tunnel!!


Then all of a sudden, you could see blue sky. I thought it was simply gorgeous.


Looking glass mountain. I would love to come back to this spot and climb that rock with ropes and stuff.


I know this was a long post, but this was all in a day.

Our day still wasn't even over. We still had to do dinner.

I was on fire this trip at picking out some really outstanding restaurants. We enjoyed our meal immensely.

The kids, well, they could take it or leave it. OK, leave it!

That's all she wrote folks.

One more day left!

The Jordan's.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snowzilla.

Playing with fire.

With Crisis comes clarity.