The Highlight Reel

Now I lay me down to sleep.


I pray the Lord my soul to keep.


Sweet girls.

We went to church this morning.

It ran long. We came home to eat lunch.

As we were eating, the following conversation took place.

Millie: Do you know why I like to sit in daddy's chair?
Me: No, why Millie?
Millie: Because it makes me feel like him.
Me: It does?
Millie: No, no. That wasn't right. It makes me feel like I am close to him when I sit in his chair.

I imagine it is the same feeling for me when I grab your wedding band.

Autumn: I just cannot deal with this anymore. I want daddy to come home.
Me: I know. Me too.
Autumn: The last time daddy was gone so long, I did not think he was my dad anymore.

AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

After lunch, Julie came over and the kids all swam in the pool. From about 1 pm until 5 pm!

Your parents invited and paid for us to all go to dinner at Golden Corral.

Aunt Mary was there.

I was preemptive.

Me: Girls. Aunt Mary is going to be there. She is a girl. She looks like a boy, but she is a girl.
Millie: So she looks like a boy, but she is a girl?
Me: Yes.
Millie: Well, can I tell her if she looks like a boy or a girl?
Me: No.
Millie: What if she doesn't?
Me: Do not say anything to Aunt Mary about whether she is a girl or a boy.
Millie: OK.

At the end of dinner. Millie was starring at Aunt Mary.

I could see the wheels turning.

She was starring hard.

Millie looks right at Aunt Mary and says: You do not look like a boy, but your hair does.

Oh my goodness!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aunt Mary laughed.

Everyone laughed.

Millie looked serious.

She then asked Aunt Mary if she would like some of her hair so that she could have girl hair.

Why did I even open my mouth?

Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Well here are the pool pictures. They feature: Autumn, Millie, Holly and Winston.

If you look closely, you'll see a picture where Millie threw her shoes at the exact moment I was taking the photo.

I didn't notice it until later!!
















Are you not entertained???

I love you!!!

Your current wife and favorite airman. xoxo
20 days without you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snowzilla.

Playing with fire.

With Crisis comes clarity.