The Great Wolf Lodge.

Tuesday morning, we woke up, ate hotel breakfast (secret confession here: SEAN loves when we stay at a hotel that has a waffle maker) and then made our way towards Charlotte.

As we were driving over, I started looking up places to eat. I settled on Cafe Monte.

Oh man. It was sooooooo good!!

After, we went in to whole foods and picked up desserts and treats to take with us to the hotel.

At 1 pm, you could check in to your hotel.

Sean sent me in.... mistake #1.

When I get to the check in, the lady tells me that they have many rooms available, but for an extra $20, we can upgrade to a room that has bunk beds.

Well, I thought the girls would like that, so that is what I did.


This was the girls little area of our room.

Instead of heading straight to the water park, we decided to walk around the hotel and check it out.



There was a lot of stuff to check out. They had putt putt, arcade, bowling alley, shops, eateries.

We went back to our room and put on our swimsuits and head to the water park.

I didn't bring my phone that first day because I did not want to have to keep up with.

We get to the entrance and they were handing out bands based on height to the kids.

The color of your band determined what rides you could go on.

Autumn was measured at 47 inches and got a yellow band. There was only one ride she couldn't go on.

Millie was measured and she was literally a hair below the line to get a yellow band.

I should have told them then to stop and then talk to Millie about standing up taller, but I didn't.

Millie got a red band and was told she could only do the toddler stuff.

I won't lie. It annoyed me. Millie is not a toddler. She reads for heavens sake!!

We ended up splitting up. Sean went off with Autumn and Millie and I hung out in the kiddie area.

To my surprise, Millie really liked the wave pool. I'd say that is where we spent most of our day.

Autumn came and found me a few times and her and I went on all the slides she could do together.

I think after about two hours, everyone was pretty well done.

We ordered a pizza and ate it back at our room.

Then we went and played.




















This was the lobby of the hotel.

We actually did not give the girls any money to spend in the arcade. They were forced to have "pretend" fun.

We went back to our room and had some quiet time until everyone drifted off to sleep.

Millie fell asleep next to me, so I put her in the bottom bunk of the bed.

Autumn didn't want to sleep on the bunk bed, so she slept on the couch.

Man, we were tired!

The Jordan's.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snowzilla.

Playing with fire.

With Crisis comes clarity.