A wishing star.

Did you know that you can only make a wish upon a wishing star? Autumn informed me of that this evening on our way home from church. I heard her whispering something, but didn't want to break the cardinal rule of asking someone what they wished for.

Autumn: I wished for something very special to come back to me.

Me: Oh really.

Autumn: It is black. Do you know what it is?

Me: No. I'm not sure.

Autumn: It is black. It has four legs and is very special to me. Do you know what it is?

Me: Yes I do. I wish he would come back too.

Our cats, both Prince and Penelope have gone missing. Penelope has been missing well over a month and the last time I saw Prince was February 5th. It is hard to hang on to much hope that they are still out there somewhere. It is hard to just not know.

We've had quite the busy day today. We went to church this morning, and then after church, we stopped by Zaxby's and picked up a chicken finger plate. Headed home to change clothes, grab the jogger and a few supplies and then made our way to

 photo DSC03421_zps99de8530.jpg
Callaway. I was a little nervous because of my ankle, but it was fine. I even ran a tiny bit to test the waters. It hasn't bothered me one single bit. Of course I haven't taken my shoes off yet. I am thinking everything will be alright though.

We walked a mile and a half to the

 photo DSC03426_zps8d5e3475.jpg
Butterfly gardens.

 photo DSC03429_zps75f8ca30.jpg
We sat on a bench and ate our lunch.

 photo DSC03434_zps5fabcf1b.jpg
We examined some of the flowers outside.

 photo DSC03437_zps240d89d0.jpg
There weren't many butterflies flying around today. It seemed odd. A couple from Florida complained to me. I told them it was quite odd. We always see lots of butterflies in here. We were having a good time though and I made a choice not to let a complete stranger sour my day! Millie looks adorable, doesn't she?

 photo DSC03441_zps313528b8.jpg
Autumn wanted to take some pictures.....

 photo DSC03444_zpsf1b6f5ef.jpg
Crooked eye smiles for her!

 photo DSC03445_zps9dcda0d3.jpg
So I know I look totally ridiculous (thank you Autumn), but right at that moment, one of the butterfly workers came out with what looked like Autumn's winnie the pooh laundry basket. It was full of butterflies and she was evicting them right next to where we were standing. It was so cool. Take that whiny whiners from Florida!

We headed back out because I wanted to get over to the birds of prey show. Autumn and Millie were

 photo DSC03458_zpsd5eace41.jpg
Hopping around the butterfly garden.

 photo DSC03461_zpsc36566f0.jpg
They were having such a good time. I told them we needed to get going so we could see a show. They got all kinds of excited.

We ran approximately 1 mile from the butterfly center to the ampitheater at the discovery center. We arrived to this scene.

 photo DSC03465_zps270a1a9a.jpg
We picked a seat on the second row.

 photo DSC03470_zps67390453.jpg
Autumn thought sitting on Millie would be more comfortable.

 photo DSC03473_zps6ddee0f8.jpg
Seriously, these children are easily entertained.

 photo DSC03478_zps025686e2.jpg
Meet Mark (the trainer) and the predatory bird. Mark explained to the kids that predatory birds like to eat meat. Then (before any birds came out) he asked the kids what are these as he held out his hand. The children all replied, fingers. The parents all replied, MEAT! I told Autumn and Millie to keep their hands down at all times!

I cannot remember the names of all the birds we saw, but the next one....

 photo DSC03488_zps37877808.jpg
Juniper. An owl. She was awesome!!!!!!!! All the birds would fly over, through, on top of the audience. It was hard to get a picture of it because 1, they were super fast, but also because of where I was sitting. If I get to go back to one of these shows, I would have you sit with the girls down front while I sat in the back. Anyway, Juniper came flying across and actually brushed right overs Autumn's head. I mean, Juniper actually made contact with Autumn! Autumn said she even felt her on her nose! It was crazy. I put my arm around her because I wasn't sure if she would keep going, but she did. Autumn screamed for about half a second and then

 photo DSC03495_zps8252af3a.jpg
Laughed. She thought that was the coolest thing ever and she cannot wait to tell you about it. I have this feeling that Juniper has a thing for blonds.

 photo DSC03497_zps64451afc.jpg
When I pushed the button, the bird was in the shot. This should give you an idea though of how the audience would respond each time a bird would fly by. Seriously, the coolest show ever! Oh and it was totally free.

After the show

 photo DSC03505_zps6905b5e7.jpg
We measured our wing spans.

 photo DSC03506_zpsffc6a417.jpg
Millie was an owl.

 photo DSC03507_zps3ac4fc1b.jpg
Autumn was a falcon.

We went in to the Discovery center and explored some more. After, we started making our way back to the car. We took our time though and explored just whatever we wanted to on the way back.

 photo DSC03508_zps7e804e0e.jpg
We stopped at the chapel and Autumn wanted to climb the rocks. She got up there all by herself. I see her confidence building in the area of rock climbing. I think it will keep getting more and more fun as she grows and can do more challenging climbs.

 photo DSC03511_zps33146e46.jpg
I helped Millie over there, but she wanted to do it herself. I just don't trust her! A lady sitting on the bench behind me told me that the girls were very well behaved and listened to me quite well. I said, "really?" She said yes and that she saw us at the birds of prey show and that the girls did exactly as I had asked them to. She told me that is so rare these days. I thanked her for her kind words and honestly, it was nice to hear. Sometimes you lose sight of simple things like that when you are around the kids all the time.

 photo DSC03512_zpsfaf22dc2.jpg
I think this might be my favorite place at callaway. We always have to stop by and check it out. When we went by the first time, there was organ music playing. I think someone was getting married. Autumn told me, "I think someone is getting married because the music is playing and that means you have to dance and get married. I don't want to have any babies, they are disgusting, so I am not getting married. Dancing is fun though."

 photo DSC03514_zpsb8f91e44.jpg
Random stranger took our picture.

 photo DSC03516_zps84c5c56e.jpg
Random dancing? Actually, Millie was showing you her muscles. Her muscles are so big, she doesn't even have to flex!

 photo DSC03517_zps318e4366.jpg
Autumn just scares me.

 photo DSC03520_zps48614fbb.jpg
Awww! Sweet, sweet I want to be a chicken Millie.

 photo DSC03522_zpsf50dd425.jpg

 photo DSC03523_zps1fe5df27.jpg
Autumn says that she cannot wait for you to come home so we can take you to the bird show. Also, both girls want to know if you have a mustache.

 photo DSC03530_zps4276d0cf.jpg
Don't you wish you could jump like that?

 photo DSC03531_zpsff994108.jpg
Our girls are so cool.

 photo DSC03534_zpsec9e4155.jpg
And super sweet.

 photo DSC03536_zpsde47ed1e.jpg
We finally left Callaway just after 5 pm. Church is at 6 pm. We drove back towards home, stopped at the BP in Ellerslie so I could pick up cookies and milk! That is what they had for dinner. Autumn went to Iguana's, Millie went to nursery and I sat in service and listened to a sermon about family. I enjoyed it.

We are all home now. Both of our little girls are completely tuckered out and in bed. I hope they sleep well. I think I will.

I miss you so much. I am so sorry about the cats. I know it is especially hard on you. Mr Prince has been our friend for almost 14 years. Mr Penelope, 7 ish.

I love you.

Your current wife and favorite airman. xoxo

 photo DSC03537_zpsf310d047.jpg
The count: 118 and 114 days of jumping into life and wishing upon stars.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snowzilla.

Playing with fire.

With Crisis comes clarity.