Sometimes timing is everything.

I woke up this morning hoping, hoping that my ankle would be better.... Sadly it was swollen and achy this morning.

 photo 0221130734_zpsdf57c603.jpg
I asked Autumn to grab her coat out of her closet and she came back with this one. She said, "my daddy gave me this one, so I want to wear it."

 photo 0221130734a_zps878595ed.jpg
Millie doesn't seem quite awake yet!

I took the girls to school and then went over to Walmart. I promised Autumn something and needed to pick it up, plus milk and motrin. I came home and propped my foot up. I talked to your mom about going to Callaway's Birds of Prey show tomorrow when she told me we were due for bad weather. I looked it up and sure enough we have a nasty thunderstorm headed our way tomorrow.

I left to get the girls early because I really enjoy sitting outside the school listening to the kids on the playground. It is almost always Autumn's class out there. It was sunny and warm. I decided that we would forgo nap time today and play in the drive way.

I brought out a blanket and set it up in the sunshine. Took all the girls bikes/toys out and let them have at it.

 photo 0221131224_zpse024b9ed.jpg
It was really very nice and relaxing. It was so warm, I was sweating. I kept asking Millie if she wanted to take her coat off, but she just said no.

 photo 0221131346_zps8d7ee8e8.jpg
My swollen ankle is probably not overly obvious, but that is huge for me! ICK!

 photo DSC03369_zps4f0396ba.jpg

 photo DSC03378_zps7ee8715d.jpg
Why does she like Millie's bike so much?

 photo DSC03381_zps13bfb476.jpg
Playing catch.

 photo DSC03384_zps7aed8324.jpg
Got ya back!

 photo DSC03389_zps480c69a5.jpg
I LOVE how Autumn hula hoops!

Now Millie refused to take her coat off, but she took it a step further and went and grabbed her

 photo DSC03400_zpsf4a71860.jpg
Winter cap! What? It was at least 68 degrees outside.

 photo DSC03402_zps36431884.jpg
An Autumn drawing. I'm still the biggest!! Have you noticed how the small details have improved? For example, the girls are wearing dresses and the boy is not? Or how about that the boy is blue now? Did you notice the boy has no hair?

 photo DSC03406_zpsbe2923ee.jpg
Autumn was practicing her soccer skills. She kicked that ball from all the way back there and made the net. I'm quite impressed.

 photo DSC03409_zpsb29740f7.jpg
You should hear the conversations they have. It would make you giggle.

Now this next part. It is the sad part. I'm not trying to exploit Millie or anything, but this part is important.

 photo DSC03416_zps16d9afd0.jpg
Millie started crying for you. This is the part that most people do not understand about what it is to be the child of a deployed airman. Millie has taken to asking me many times a day, "where is my daddy?" Not only is she asking me, but she is asking complete strangers. She is asking everyone. No answer will suffice for her. I am struggling with helping her to understand. Even though this 9 month deployment is nearly over, there is no way to get through to her that you will be here in just a few short weeks. We just need to hang on a little bit longer.

This is the part that hurts.


This is what it is to be the parent of a child with a deployed father. This is the sacrifice that is being made. Millie finally came to me and let me comfort her. You see, there is no picking her up or interrupting her when she gets this way. She needs her moment and when she is done, she lets me hold her. Is it what she wants? No. She wants you. She needs you.

We all do.

Your current wife and favorite airman. xoxo

 photo DSC03397_zps4f0d3f5f.jpg
The count: 118 and 111 days of timing being everything.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snowzilla.

Playing with fire.

With Crisis comes clarity.