Smoke

On our way home from church and other outings today, I noticed huge billowing smoke clouds. You always have that moment where you think, could that be my home? Then quickly dismiss it.

 photo 0203131402_zpse8f3e1ef.jpg
As we got closer to our neighborhood, I realized it was much closer than I thought, but gladly, it wasn't our home! I cannot imagine it was a controlled burn though. It was really windy. They look sort of like clouds, but that is all smoke.

This mornings service was on marriage. I like it when the topic is on marriage because I feel I have so much still to learn about what it means to be a good wife, partner, companion. It gave me a lot to think about. Part of being a good wife would be maximizing your strengths and your gifts. I have been thinking about if I am doing that. If so, how? If not, why? Anyway, lots of food for thought.

After church, we headed out to our usual Sunday thing.

 photo 0203131314_zpsf75213ca.jpg
Autumn. Miss Keri came and sat with me for a few minutes before service started and told me that she really missed Autumn. She said that Autumn sits very near her during school and whenever she needs something, Autumn is always right there to hand it to her. I think that is very sweet and honestly, it sounds just like Autumn to anticipate a need in someone else.

 photo 0203131314a_zpsfe82b502.jpg
Do I call her no eyed Millie? Or maybe shaggy Millie? I fixed her hair, but she took it down during Sunday school!

After Five Guys and Cherry Berry, we ran over to Sam's for cat food. I told the girls to stay in the car while I grabbed a cart (we were parked right next to the cart return) and when I went to grab Millie from the car, this is where I found her.

 photo 0203131324_zps715b5a30.jpg
She thought she was pretty funny!

After getting home, I moved the car seats to the Jeep. We will take it to church tonight and to school tomorrow. I'm debating driving the Jeep to my mom's. I'd like to take the jogger with me and I cannot do that in my car with our suitcases. I want to be able to exercise while I am at my mom's house, but I'm not sure I actually will, so I'm not sure it is really worth the effort to bring the jogger.

I put Millie down for her nap and I took a little one too. That felt good. I didn't see your mom or dad at church this morning.

Well, that is all that is going on here. We are headed to church tonight and I guess it is Super Bowl Sunday, but I'm not really interested in that. If nothing else is on TV after church though, I might watch some of it.

I love you.

Your current wife and favorite airman. xoxo

 photo 0203131315a_zpsc0cbdba5.jpg
The count: 118 and 93 days of cheese cherry berry!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snowzilla.

Playing with fire.

With Crisis comes clarity.