The days are getting longer.

I don't mean that time is slowing down (although, it does feel that way at times), but that it is almost 630 pm and there is still light out. Sunshine even. I like it.

Another busy day around here. Before I get to it though, I figured something out today. Sarah Marie read off the address I gave her and instead of 7998, she said 7988. I'm going to go in the post office tomorrow because she sent another letter to the wrong address today, this time priority and ask them if they can keep an eye out for it and deliver it anyway, since it has my name and the address is SO close. ARGH!

This week at Autumn's school they are celebrating Dr Seuss' birthday. Today was dress tacky day and Autumn had a few ideas of how she wanted to look.

 photo 0226130725_zps95a53d53.jpg
She has on purple halloween tights that have cats on them. Socks that do not match, shoes that do not match and she asked me to fix her hair

 photo 0226130724_zpse57a2844.jpg
Into three pony tails.

 photo 0226130726_zps1dab5336.jpg
I thought she did an excellent job of figuring out her tacky outfit. Tomorrow is tacky sock day. I think that should be easy enough. Do you see how short her chain is getting? We have to use the end table just to reach the bottom link.

 photo 0226130727a_zpscc69c583.jpg
Miss Millie pulling her link off. Her hair wasn't ready yet. She was a very good girl at school today. Miss Sandi told me that Millie was the only one who helped clean up and therefore the only one who earned some skittles. It made me laugh because Millie will do just about anything for some candy! She reminds me of my mom when it comes to candy.

After getting Millie dropped off to school, I had a date with

 photo 0226130906_zps0c533471.jpg
Fall Line Trace. It was drizzling, but that didn't stop me. I finished my run in my fastest time to date (since January) just under 27 minutes. I am hoping to get my time down to under 25 minutes before the Color run. It felt good to run. Actually, I may be the only person on the planet that feels this way, but my legs hurt when I do not run. I was happy to report that my ankle did not bother me in the slightest bit.

After running, I came home, popped in the shower and headed to Macy's looking for a dress. I found something, but I'm not sure it is the one. I'm going to continue looking, but if I don't find anything else, I have this dress I found at Macy's.

I picked the girls up from school, we came home and did lunch/nap. Then it was time to check on Pepper, Bianca and Muffy.

 photo 0226131610_zpseee03a6d.jpg
I just cannot get over how different a cat Pepper is. Honestly, I am offended!

On our way to your mom's Autumn wanted to call your mom.

Autumn: Grandma, are you at the beach?

Phyllis: Yes I am. I am in the hotel and I can see the beach right now.

Autumn: Are you wearing sunscreen?

Phyllis: Well not right now, I'm in the hotel room because the wind is very bad and the waves are too big.

Autumn: How is your back doing?

Phyllis: My back still hurts me Autumn, but I am going to be OK.

Autumn is such a sweet girl. She worries about your mom a lot!

 photo 0226131610a_zps38283454.jpg
Autumn made Pepper give a teddy bear a "der-ride". As it turns out, Pepper still doesn't like that.

 photo 0226131615_zps3e912d9d.jpg
It took some time, but I finally found Bianca and Muffy. This is Bianca and Muffy was hiding under the nightstand. Autumn asked me how she fit under there and I started to say because she was small, but I stopped mid sentence because Muffy is the furthest thing from small that ever existed!

While I was in your mom's room, I noticed something very creepy. She has pictures of your sister everywhere. What the heck is that all about? I would totally get it if it was Brett because he was the first born and people always have pictures of their first born everywhere, but Julie was the last born! Do you think it is because Julie "visited" her last? Or is Julie just the more important child? Your mom also had a scarecrow hanging on the top of their dresser. Super weird. Man, I sure do hope your mom doesn't read this... I mean, I'm pretty sure she doesn't.

OK, so we came home and I got started on dinner. I guess I forgot to add in here somewhere that we lost power today for like two hours. We had some really bad wind today and I'm thinking that played a factor in it. It came back on though before we left for your mom's.

Autumn requested brown steak for dinner yesterday. I had steak in the freezer, so I told her that we could have it for dinner today.

 photo 0226131743_zps42b5fe77.jpg
So maybe I had mostly wine. I'm trying to get rid of that box of wine before you come home! It's almost gone now! Steak is such a bad choice for a night before a run. I know I will feel horrible tomorrow. Autumn however, had seconds. Millie ate all her steak and her bread. She didn't touch her lima beans and only ate a small about of her blues clues.

We are about an hour out from bedtime and honestly, I'm really looking forward to it. Both the girls were up late last night for some weird reason and then I had an awful time sleeping.

 photo 0226131758b_zps1f8704f7.jpg
I just wanted you to see that I did in fact fix Millie's hair today!

I love you Sean Jordan. I cannot wait to see you.

Your current wife and favorite airman. xoxo

 photo 0226131758a_zpsc1d39bfa.jpg
The count: 118 and 116 of finally SINGLE DIGIT MIDGETS!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snowzilla.

Playing with fire.

With Crisis comes clarity.