Happy Easter!

Autumn woke up in a much better mood today than the previous days. We had a very lazy morning. I just was not feeling up to going to church this morning. We lounged around the house, had coffee + breakfast and watched Toy Story. At nap time, I went outside to the front yard and tried to chip away at the 4+ inches of ice on our driveway. It was not going to be feasible to do the Easter Egg hunt in the backyard. After an hour and a half, I decided that I chipped away enough to get on with the days festivities. Before Cindy, Travis and Dylan arrived I took a few photos of the decorations and Autumn.

Easter Eggs
I "dusted" off some of the ashy snow so that pretty white snow would show up in the photos.

Easter Egg hunt
I thought it looked pretty.

Hilarious Autumn
I actually got her to wear these for more than five seconds!!!

It turned out that we did not need them. As soon as Cindy, Travis and Dylan arrived, the clouds rolled in. I looked past housing at the mountains and could see the ominous rain/snow/sleet coming right for us. We got the kids going for the Easter Egg Hunt.

Autumn stealing basket
Autumn decided she needed not one, not two, but THREE Easter baskets. She kept stealing Dylan's.

Favorite photo
Look at that face (with all the baskets).

Happy Easter Autumn
I guess it is not so bad that she looks like you because she is so darn cute.

Dylan and Basket
Cutie pie Dylan.

Autumn
Which basket do I put this egg in?

Autumn Egg
Autumn checking out an egg.

Happy easter
A cute Easter picture of Autumn and Dylan.

That ominous cloud with its snow/rain/sleet hit us and it was really pouring. We all came inside and let the kids get warmed up. After a bit we decided to go have dinner at Round Robbin. It was OK. On our way home, the sun started to shine again and overall, it was a nice and relaxing day. I think the photos turned out awfully cute. I only wish that you were here. Autumn has figured out how to open her eggs by throwing them on the kitchen floor. She was bringing them to me this evening to get a treat. I filled them with Goldfish crackers, Cheerios, Honey Grahams, etc.

Autumn had her bath then we relaxed on the bed together. I brushed her "hair" until she got sleepy, then we cuddled. I put her to bed shortly after that.

This has felt like a really long TDY to me. I miss you a lot.

Your Favorite Wife and Airman. xoxo

The Count:
Day 11
Eleven lonely days without you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snowzilla.

Playing with fire.

With Crisis comes clarity.