Sean in the PNW

I started my vacat... I mean business trip on Thursday with a trip to the world's biggest REI to pick up something for a little savage.
Savage Bottle

Next I stopped off at Chateau Ste Michele to pick up something for another savage.
Chateaux Ste Michele

After that, I figured that if I was going to be in Seattle, I needed to stop by the final resting place of Jimi Hendrix. So after hours of trying to navigate through all the ridiculous one way streets, I finally made it.

It was raining. I thought that was appropriate.
Jimi Hendrix Memorial

On Friday, I got up real early and headed west toward the Olympic Peninsula. The first place I went was the beach. It looked like the ocean scene at the end of the Goonies. Awesome!
Olympic Ocean 1

Just hanging out on a log for some reason.
O O 4

After exploring and soaking my boots with seawater, it was time to hit the Hoh Rain forest. It's one of the only temperate rain forests in the world. Whilst there, I saw this huge Spruce tree and had to get a pic of it.
Big Spruce

So far, with all the driving and exploring, it had been a pretty long day, but I couldn't leave without taking a hike up into the mountains, so...
Olympic NP

Not only can I not get away from the snow, but someone out there thought this thing was a good idea!
Bad Bridge
Yeah, it's supposed to be some kind of bridge....Half a bridge!

And lastly...after more than twenty years. Numerous Rattlesnake bites. Bouts with typhoid, measles, and more broken wagon axles than I can remember. I finally made it...
willamette valley
That's right, the ultimate goal and destination of Oregon Trail!

Here's a real life pic of it.
Willamette Valley

In addition to finally attaining that lifelong goal, I also am one step closer to another. Oregon is the 47th state that I have been to. Only 3 more to go!

We will see what else is in store for me on this trip, but in the mean time, I miss my two savages, Cherish and Autumn, and can't wait to get home.

Sean

Comments

cherishjord said…
I love your photos. I wish that Autumn and I could be there too! I think that we definitely need to go through that area if our next orders are to the Lower 48. By the way, I am not a savage!!!!!!!! I do miss you though.

Popular posts from this blog

Snowzilla.

Playing with fire.

With Crisis comes clarity.