Chain of Love

Autumn and I have been working on a couple of projects. One of them is a chain of love.

Photobucket
I didn't know exactly what number to start with since we do not have an exact date, but I just made a guess and we will adjust the chain as it gets closer! Basically we made a link for each day that you have left until you get home and every night before bed time, we will tear a link off. We use to do this all the time when I was a kid and we were waiting for my dad to get home.

Photobucket
Autumn helped.

Photobucket
She did pretty good with the glue.

Photobucket
Writing the numbers, not so much.

Photobucket
The final product. You cannot really see it in this picture, but I placed a family photo of us towards the bottom (at Autumn's eye height). As we pull a link off each day, I will move the chain down and it will reveal the family photo.

Photobucket
We do not have enough family photos.

Photobucket
Autumn checking it out.

Our next project was baking. I wasn't sure if Autumn was really ready for this or not, but as you can see, she really had a good time. I think we should encourage this and do whatever we can to enable her to "cook" with us.

Photobucket
Adding the sugar.

Photobucket
Pouring the sugar in.

Photobucket
Ohhhhhhhh it looks good.

Photobucket
Adding the vanilla.

Photobucket
Taking another look.

Photobucket
Using the stand mixer. You see that egg in the little dish. I thought I was being smart breaking it ahead of time and putting it in that bowl. I didn't want Autumn to break the egg into the batter for fear she'd get egg shell in it. I wasn't quite prepared when she stuck her finger in that bowl then put it to her mouth. She just said, "Hmmmmm" and dumped the egg in. It was the only "mishap" we had while baking today!

Adding the salt
Adding the salt.

Being bossy
Autumn being bossy. She was telling me to hand her something.

Baking soda
Adding the baking soda.

Getting the flour
Getting the flour ready.

Pour
Pouring it in.

Chocolate chips
Adding the chocolate chips.

Eating the chips
There we go.... A girl after my own heart.

Mean look
Mean look!

Finally the batter
Autumn finally got the bright idea to taste it!!

Big bite
Big Bite.

Chocolate chip cookies
Success!
Photobucket
99 days of cooking without you (aka Dad, you should see this crap mom is making me eat!).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snowzilla.

Playing with fire.

With Crisis comes clarity.