The day went to the dogs

I am hoping still that you will make it off your FOB yet again. It is so disheartening each day to find out that you haven't been able to make any progress. I guess I am just really starting to get impatient. I just want you to come home already!

Yesterday I attempted to locate our sled that is buried somewhere in the backyard. Autumn peeked out from behind the door:
Sled operations
Looked at me like, you want me to do what?? Needless to say, I was unsuccessful at operation finding the sled.

We headed downtown to watch the dog races and boy, was it cold yesterday. Not only did the temperature drop, but it was windy down there too. I guess it was good for the dogs, they overheat easily if it is too warm (yes, 30 degrees is warm in Alaska).
Fifteen degrees
15.

Funny
This picture just cracked me up! I was so glad to see they have been clearing the sidewalks of snow because that meant that pushing my jogger wouldn't be overly difficult. When we head back downtown today to watch the Running of the Reindeer, we will do the same thing.

Happy Autumn
She was happy!!

ha ha ha
This picture cracked me up too!! I guess I really had her bundled up yesterday. Once we got down to where the racers would be at, I took her out of her jogger.

cherish and autumn
Me and Autumn, two happy Alaska girls.

Here they come
Mom, here come the dogs!

The dogs
There they go!

Did you see them mom?
Did you see them?

Pointing at the racers
Pointing at the puppies.

There they go
I know she was thinking, "I want to do that."

Watching
I think it would be a lot of fun!

Watching
One last look as they fly by.

Autumn
Autumn is such a sweet girl. Shortly after I took this shot and about an hour after we arrived at the races, Autumn says to me, "Mommy, I'm cold." So we packed it up and headed home.

We rented some movies to watch, popped some popcorn and just hung out around the house. Today we are going to watch some more movies, go to the Running of the Reindeer this afternoon, then come home to some corn beef and cabbage that is sitting in the crock pot.

Here is to not hearing from you babe. I love you and miss you so much.

Your Favorite wife and airman. xoxo

119 days of freezing
119 days of freezing without you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snowzilla.

Playing with fire.

With Crisis comes clarity.