It's a beached whale!

Oh, never mind.... IT'S ME!! Autumn and I decided to take a walk over to the Moose Crossing Park today. The weather has been so awesome and I was finally feeling up to it. Everything started off great, but once we hit the circle, we decided to cut through the snow to get to the park (you know, it was a short cut!). FAIL!!!! First of all, Autumn couldn't walk in it because she kept sinking down into it and the snow is still as deep as she is tall (well close). SO, my next mistake. I picked her up. If Autumn was sinking into the snow pretty deep, what do you think I was doing!!! At one point I lost my footing and fell over. I couldn't get up at first. Everywhere I tried to push, I just kept sinking. I really did feel like a beached whale!! Finally, I set Autumn down and pushed both my hands through the snow, got my footing, stood up, and grabbed Autumn. Let me tell you, I was so out of breath by the time we got to the park.

It was worth it though. We had a good time!!

Shoveling
Autumn isn't so good at shoveling. I hope that by next winter though she will be well groomed in the art of snow removal!

Sweeping
She was a little better at sweeping.

A little sunshine
The sun was out in full force today. Of course by the time nap time is over, it isn't quite so strong, but you know us Alaska girls will take any amount of sunshine we can get!

Cat walk
This picture remind you of an old one?!?!?!

Alaska's dirty little secret
Alaska's dirty little secret. I have never seen breakup come so early. I am just hoping that this means when break up really gets here, it won't take so long. Our temperatures are supposed to cool back down by the end of this week.

Hitting up every puddle.
Autumn made sure to hit EVERY puddle between here and the park. Maybe that snow suit won't be a hand me down.

Right before the beaching
The last photo before the beaching. ha ha ha

Peek a boo
Once we got to the park (and I caught my breath), Autumn started playing on all the equipment.

Tongue
Tongue girl.

Cherish
See, I'm still alive (and smiling for that matter!).

Stripping down
How do you know Autumn is an Alaskan girl? She started taking off her coats. We were hot. It couldn't be much more than 40 out there, but I was in a sweat and apparently, so was Autumn.

Trying to remove the bib
I drew the line at taking off her bib though!

FAIL
Trying to get a photo of me and Autumn. I like the look on Autumn's face, but ha ha ha Where am I at?!?!

Cherish and Autumn
Attempt number two! Much better!

Me and all my glory!
1 day shy of 27 weeks!!

KIsses
I don't know what happened to the color on these, but that was Autumn giving me kisses.

Funny face
This would have been a great photo if the color wasn't so messed up. Maybe you can help me fix it when you get home.

Alaska's playground
Even though the snow has been melting, there is still lots of it to go around.

Finally, Autumn made it over to the:
Swinging like a big girl
Swings. She wanted to sit in it like a big girl! Not going to lie, I was kind of nervous, but she thoroughly enjoyed it.

A bit big
Then she wanted me to put her in the baby swing. I don't know if Autumn will fit into that type of swing this summer (without all the snow gear), but she definitely didn't fit in it today!

But having fun
She had fun anyway and I thought it looked hilarious!

Silly face
Silly face!

What a great smile
Doesn't she have the greatest smile. Does it make your heart as happy as mine to see it?

Laughing
She is such a happy girl when she is outside, I'm going to adventure to say she got that from you, your dad, your grandpa.....

We are having oven baked BBQ chicken thighs, lima beans and mashed potatoes for dinner tonight. I hope that you made it off your FOB and that I will get to talk to you tonight. If not, please know that we love you and miss you something awful.

Your favorite wife and airman. xoxo

113 days
113 days of growing into such a young little lady without you.

Comments

Caitlin Weaver said…
It's been a little while since I've been on your blog, so I was suprised at how long and curly Autumn's hair is getting!

Popular posts from this blog

Snowzilla.

Playing with fire.

With Crisis comes clarity.