Keeping busy.

Let me start by telling you what is on the agenda for today. We are heading over to REI shortly to see if there is any winter gear on clearance. Autumn needs a new snow suit in a desperate way. The one she has is too short. Also, new human will need a new snow suit since I gave Autumn's new born one to Chelsea and Chance for Alivia. If there is one for either of the kids, I will pick them up today. Autumn also needs some good gloves. I am crossing my fingers for some good deals!!

After we get done with REI, we will need to pick up lunch and head over to Hillburg. We are hoping to do some dog sledding. I have this feeling it might be really busy over there considering how warm it is today. Another day in the 30 degree range. Even if we don't get to do the ride, hopefully Autumn can at least see the dogs.

My friend Jenny and her daughter Izzy and son Issac arrive in Anchorage tonight. I'm pretty excited about that. Izzy is the same age as Autumn.

This is going to be a long post with lots of pictures Sean.

Yesterday morning Autumn was feeling:
Feeling Froggy.
Froggy! She was walking all around the house in my slippers. Not so well either might I add.

Checking out her toes
I cannot explain it, but this photo cracked me up. She was checking out her toes.

At the healm
From our play date at Arctic Playgroundz. Why does Autumn have to be such the dare devil?!?!?

Apple eater
What an expression. Angie says she thinks Autumn looks like me in this photo. What do you think?

After our play date, Autumn and I headed out to Rover Run. This time I parked in the lower parking lot of Far North Bicentennial Park at Campbell Air Strip Trail Head. I have to tell you, it was MUCH easier getting to Rover Run (now called Mullers Way or something like that). Did they change the name to help people forget about the Bear attack on the trail?? I have no idea. Anyway, there wasn't quite so much incline going that direction. Autumn and I walked 3 miles, Autumn did 1/2 mile on her own. She may have walked even more if I had thought to let her out of the pack sooner.

Getting started
Getting started. I've been wondering, are we going to buy another one of those packs once new human gets here? Autumn loves it so much. I think you should pick out the next pack if we are buying another one.

Cherish and Autumn
Here we are, smiles and all. Can you tell I'm 6 months pregnant? That is my bear spray on my right hip. I got the straps around my waist adjusted comfortably, now I just need to make some adjustments to the shoulder straps.

A different view
A different view of us.

The water
We had to walk over a bridge and saw the river going underneath of us. It is so pretty. There was a lot of snow falling off the bridge, Autumn and I had to seriously watch for falling snow while we were out there.

The trail
We have been having the most beautiful sunsets.

The bridge
That bridge looks beautiful doesn't it?

Together
Here we are out on the trail.

Kitty cat
Trying to get a shot with Autumn's kitty cat.

Shortly after that last shot, something funny happened. Because the temperature got up to 35, the snow that was in the tops of the trees was beginning to melt. The whole hike we could hear branches snapping and giant plumes of snow falling to the ground. You know I'm kind of an anxious hiker, every little noise I hear out in the woods grabs my attention and I desperately search for a moose, bear or other large animal. Well, I hear this huge snap right above my head and freeze in place while I try to figure out what I'm hearing. A few seconds later a giant heap of snow falls right on my head. Autumn started screaming with laughter and was saying, "SNOW SNOW SNOW." I was like seriously Autumn, I KNOW IT IS SNOW!! Thank you very much. She started clapping and then tried to help me brush the snow out of my hair. I was not wearing a hat, lesson learned. I was very grateful it didn't hit Autumn because it hit me pretty hard.

After the snow hit me, I decided to let Autumn out of the back pack so she could get her walk on.

Serious
She looks so serious.

Not without my cat
Then she gives me this look, not without my cat! Once she deemed the trail safe for walking,

Tongue
She started having a great time!

Telling kitty what to do
Right here, she was bossing her kitty cat around. I have no idea what she was telling her cat, but it sure sounded/looked funny.

There are lines in the snow from the skiers.

Walk the line
Autumn was walking the line. I've tried walking those lines, it actually makes it harder, so I usually avoid them!

Hard work
Trying to keep her balance!

Dainty hiker
Such the dainty little hiker.

Most people who really know Autumn, know that she is obsessed with tidiness. She cleans the floor no matter where we are, she doesn't like to get her hands dirty, things like that. Well, the trail is no exception.

Picking up sticks
Picking up sticks.

And clearing the trail
And clearing them off the trail. Skiers, your welcome- there is a half mile worth of trail completely free of debris for you.

Pretty sunset
We made it back to the bridge just in time to see the pretty sunset.

Autumn on the bridge
Autumn.

Looking back
Looking back. Mom, are you coming?

All alone
Such a little girl in such a big big world.

Happy Anniversary Sean. I hope that you enjoyed the photos. Please know that I am thinking of you and missing you very much today. I love you. Your favorite wife and airman. xoxo

104 days hiking without you
104 days of looking back for you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snowzilla.

Playing with fire.

With Crisis comes clarity.