My first trip to labor and delivery.

Yesterday after I finished my blog for you, I realized I was bleeding. Not a lot, but enough to cause me some concern. My mom convinced me to call the hospital because my big idea was to grab a bottle of water and sit on the couch for an hour and see what happened. Labor and delivery asked me to come right in. I called Angie because I had items I signed up to bring to church for the potluck and I didn't want that to go to waste. Angie offered to keep Autumn for me, which honestly was quite a relief.

Once I checked in to labor and delivery, they hooked me up to the contraction monitor and the heartbeat monitor for NH2. At first she was getting a bunch of dead air and at the time, I wasn't feeling her move. I told her, now you are starting to panic me. The nurse said that because I was so early, they probably would have to get a different monitor. All of a sudden, here comes the heart beat. Steady and strong. That monitor picked up her heart beat the entire time I was there. I cannot tell you what a relief it was to hear it. She was steady at 140 to 150 beats per minute.

After about 20 minutes the nurse came back in and said they had to page Dr York. I was in fact having a lot of contractions and they were one on top the other. As I was sitting in the bed by myself, worrying over Autumn, worrying over you, now worrying over NH2, I felt a wave of panic. It was very hard to keep myself calm. All I know for sure is that a baby being born at 27 weeks is not good.

Dr York finally made it in about an hour later. He checked things out and had nothing but good news for me. No amniotic fluid was leaking, my cervix looked good, he said at that point he was just debating whether or not he should give me medicine to stop the contractions. I was so relieved to hear all of this and especially from Dr York (who remembered delivering Autumn!). He said he wanted to keep me on the monitors for a while longer.

I'd say after another hour or so the nurse came back and Dr York had decided that because my contractions weren't very strong (on a scale of 1 to 10, I'd rate them a 5) he felt confident that it would be OK for me to go home so long as I take it easy for the next few days. To me, another good sign!

I left the hospital and drove to the church to pick up Autumn and I was so happy to see her little face and to see her smile at me! You know she told me yesterday, "I miss daddy!" She is such a sweet little person.

So now it is the next day. I am still having some contractions, but not nearly at the rate I was yesterday or last night. I got some very good rest and I'm looking forward to taking it easy today. I am so grateful that the baby is doing well and she is so strong, now if I can keep reminding myself, I am too.

I am sorry you are still stuck on your FOB. I really do hope you get a flight out soon. It is getting to a point that we NEED you to come home. As I was snapping off a photo (or trying to) of Autumn yesterday, I noticed something.

Short chain of love
My chain of love is getting so short!! I mean, I still have no idea when you are actually going to get back, but even if you get delayed a few days, look how short that chain is!!! Oh and Autumn "riding" her bike! :-)

Yesterday I told you that Autumn was standing on her bike in the window as I was writing the blog, but shortly after that, she came and got under my feet. Within a few minutes, I hear:
Under the desk
Snoring!

silly girl
Yep, she fell asleep just like that! I picked her up and carried her off to bed.

It is snowing outside right now. It looks peaceful out there. I am doing my best to keep NH2 safe and sound right where she is (boy I'll be glad when you get home and we can give her a real name!). Autumn and I are missing you and looking forward to having you home.

Your favorite wife and airman. xoxo

116 days
116 days of falling asleep without you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snowzilla.

Playing with fire.

With Crisis comes clarity.